Shiloh Sharps sight replacements..... WHAT TO DO ?????

358Scout

Regular
Rating - 100%
72   0   0
Location
Saskatoon
Picked up a Farmingdale Shiloh Sharps from a fellow gunnutter. The sights are nice but I'm going to change them with MVA.

My dilemma is which is better and for what reason?????

First of all, I already have a Sharps midrange sight with a windage adjustment but it has a Marlin base. All I need is the Shiloh base.

If I have and adjustable tang sight , do I really need an adjustable front globe sight?
 
MVA will make you a base to fit the midrange sight you have if its an MVA, you have to send the staff in. If its a brand-x I dont know if thye can accomadate you.

You dont need a adjustable front sight. Its easier to do all adjustments at the rear anyways.
 
What sights are on the rifle now? What type of shooting are you planning?
Picked up a Farmingdale Shiloh Sharps from a fellow gunnutter. The sights are nice but I'm going to change them with MVA.

My dilemma is which is better and for what reason?????

First of all, I already have a Sharps midrange sight with a windage adjustment but it has a Marlin base. All I need is the Shiloh base.

If I have and adjustable tang sight , do I really need an adjustable front globe sight?
 
I'm not sure what sights are on it now. I was informed it was Lyman from their custom shop. Sent the info to Lyman with the number stamped on the bottom
They say its not theirs. I'm considering 500 - 800 yards. And just cant see myself trying to adjust a the front if I already have an adjustable rear.
 
Well I own 2 Shiloh Sharps rifles.

I suggest you call Shiloh direct.

Lucinda often answers the phone.
Her brother is the master builder there.
They are shooters too.

I shoot BPCR and it seems MVA is what everybody is using...
 
Thanks. I talked to them and sent down the sights on the rifle.
They will match up the rear to my MVA staff and take measurements from the front sight dovetail.
 
Back
Top Bottom