I'm fond of them but almost everyone else kind of considers them as the Edsel to the Ford line. I've been tempted to start a thread about mine and call it ' The unwanted '
Colts earlier DA designs, they...well...they suffer fools poorly.
The timing is somewhat delicate and I find the hand and cylinder stop ( where applicable ) to be built of pretty poor material compared to what's available now days.
Therefore an amateur handling them makes me grit my teeth.
Too many movies prompt folks to want to spin the cylinder like a kid with a top. Don't you love that high speed cylinder spin and slam the cylinder crane shut with a wrist snap? Arrrgh!
I've not tackled a Thunderer yet, but I likely will in the coming days. They are kinda neat in the hand, quite a small frame actually. They would have been a welcome pocket pistol in an era of SAA Colts, full size S & W's & Remingtons. Particularly if you had small hands.