Modern flintlock

Not sure where you can that that one. With real black powder and real flints the old style flinters are very reliable.
I also expect the old style flinter will hold it's value better down the road.
 
Last edited:
Have a Pedersoli scout carbine, its amazing to just look at it. I'd recommend that over that cheap looking thing, no offense. Also want to get a Charleville one day.
 
The Firestorm . . . . is made of stainless, can be had with a composite(?) stock, and has a: 'weird twist' barrel.

It makes some get their panties in a knot.

This is a flintlock right? There have been inline flintlocks even in antiquity, but the firestorm is a regular flintlock.

Never handled one, has anyone who has replied to the op's post handled or shot one? :confused: be truthful now. . .

OP: I would go with your choice, not someone elses. . . ;)
 
The Firestorm . . . . is made of stainless, can be had with a composite(?) stock, and has a: 'weird twist' barrel.

It makes some get their panties in a knot.

This is a flintlock right? There have been inline flintlocks even in antiquity, but the firestorm is a regular flintlock.

Never handled one, has anyone who has replied to the op's post handled or shot one? :confused: be truthful now. . .

OP: I would go with your choice, not someone elses. . . ;)

I have handled one, and it was not for me. I hate the look and feel of plastic. Reminds me of a toy.
Where are you going to get a part for the Firestorm? TC is getting out of side locks, and already parts are becoming scarce for the Hawken. At least with the more traditional guns there are many options other than TC for anything you want, from locks, stocks and barrels. If a complete Firestorm is hard to find now , what do you do when you need a new breech plug? or lock?
And you still need to carry black powder to light it up.
 
I picked up a Lyman Great Plains .54 rock lock in left hand version a couple of years ago; great gun. As to TC discontinuing, I heard they were bought out by Smith and Wesson? I think it was. Anyone hear anything about that?

Regards,
 
I shoot a Pedersoli Rocky Mountain Hawken in .54 cal.
The Hawken is the 4th Pedersoli I have owned and they all have been quality weapons.
 
I'd like to get myself a Pedersoli Charleville sometime soon. Anyone own any Pedersoli flinters here.

Here is my Charleville:


2013-05-15132436.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I just bought it a few months ago and have only been to the range with it once (I work overseas). I can tell you Pedersoli fit & finish (don't judge by my photo) is excellent and, other than some problems associated with dampness (rainy day), the Charleville functioned perfectly first time out. You do get what you pay for. I was surprised at the recoil, or rather lack thereof. My first trip out wasn't focused on attaining accuracy, just dropping 70gr of FFg down the bore and getting used to balls, patches and the like, so beyond getting all my shots comfortably toward the center of an IPSC target at 50 yds, I really can't comment on Charleville accuracy. I'm told it can be quite impressive with a little work.
 
Thanks all for the input....I already own a beautiful 50cal Hawkens as well as a modern inline 50cal (CVA best gun out there)......but really wanting a Flinter.
 
Deckerhead, a flinter is a great choice, and tons of fun. The thing to think about in choosing one is parts availability. Conventional type Flinters, like TC Hawken, Lyman GP or Deerstalker, Traditions or Pedersoli's etc have a lot of options for locks, triggers, stocks and barrels available from many after market manufacturers. You will always be able to get any part you need. Make your choice wisely.
 
Back
Top Bottom