Looking at doing a build in a 50/90 BPCR

muzzle flash

CGN Regular
Rating - 99%
103   1   1
Location
sw ont.
Looking at building a 50/90 BPCR. Was wondering is there any Canadian gunsmith who knows his black powder cartridge rifles and would have reamer for the 50/90. Also where a barrel blank may be obtained from.
Thanks.
 
Perhaps a take-off barrel from a Swedish Rolling Block in 12.7X44R? It could be rechambered to 50/90. Tradex has some sporters and they might have a barrel as well. I have heard of people buying one of these for the action and rebarelling them, so if there aren't any barrels, you could use the barrel and sell the action. Or, build your 50/90 on the Rolling Block action.

As for a reamer, in cases like this, I just buy my own (from PTG), rechamber and sell the reamer. It'll cost you about $150 delivered.

118039.jpg
 
Perhaps a take-off barrel from a Swedish Rolling Block in 12.7X44R? It could be rechambered to 50/90. Tradex has some sporters and they might have a barrel as well. I have heard of people buying one of these for the action and rebarelling them, so if there aren't any barrels, you could use the barrel and sell the action. Or, build your 50/90 on the Rolling Block action.

As for a reamer, in cases like this, I just buy my own (from PTG), rechamber and sell the reamer. It'll cost you about $150 delivered.

118039.jpg

Thanks Andy. I am looking for a nice tight swede rolling block action. Just loaded up some of those projectiles from you for the Martini will let you know results.
 
Back
Top Bottom