Ontario Black Powder Rendezvous?

There's a shooting Rendezvous at the Quadeville range from August 29 to Sept 2nd. Period dress is required at all times although they do allow "civilians" to observe on the weekend.

There are several non-shooting Rendezvous coming up in Petawawa, at Upper Canada Village and at Wasaga Beach. If you were interested I could find out the dates.
 
LOL really? LOL Well I'll be!
I can see that for military re-enactments. It would make sence since you're shooting at one another but it strikes me as odd and frankly laughable at a Rendezvous.

( no offence intended, I have never been to one but had always pictured a rendezvous peopled with rolicking buckskinners and coonskin cap wearing Dano' Boone types trying to out shoot one another)
 
Having recently moved back to the north shore from southern Ontario, Im looking for a few men to raise a section. If there is anyone interested from Sudbury to Sault st marie and all the lovely towns in between I would be pleased to make your acquaintance.

I still belong to my southern Ontario group and we would be able to take part in reenactments and I think we would be able to EASILY have some really AMAZING events up here.

At the very least we could arrange some really interesting shoots and treks.
 
LOL really? LOL Well I'll be!
I can see that for military re-enactments. It would make sence since you're shooting at one another but it strikes me as odd and frankly laughable at a Rendezvous.

( no offence intended, I have never been to one but had always pictured a rendezvous peopled with rolicking buckskinners and coonskin cap wearing Dano' Boone types trying to out shoot one another)

At the Rendezvous I've attended it seems like most of the time is spent sitting around fires and swapping stories. Then there's fire starting contests, archery contests, knife and tomahawk throwing contests (even spear chucking), potluck suppers, etc, etc. Shooting is only one part of the experience.
 
Righ you are. So kind of a camp out. Sounds like fun.
However, like I said, if there is no shooting, it's not really a Back Powder Rendezvous in Ontario. (which was the OP's question and the answer I was hoping for)
 
Goldenlakepete,
Thanks for the info. I defiantly would love to have some dates for these events. Thanks again!

Here's the dates for the non-shooting rendezvous:

Upper Canada Village - July 12, 13, 14
Petawawa - Aug. 10, 11
Wasaga Beach - Aug, 16, 17
Midland-Penetang - Aug. 23, 24, 25

Ogdensburg, New York - July 20, 21 (I'm pretty sure this one is shooting)
 
Back
Top Bottom