I picked up a snider enfield 3 band MkII**.
After cleaning the barrel with a bronze brush it looks bright + shiny , but doesnt seem to have very deep rifling.
There is no D/C marking on the stock. Just the enfield marking and the "1".
It has a leather sling , and a nipple protector with the chain.
The lock is VC + crown marked behind the hammer , and in front of the hammer is marked 1856 enfield , with a smaller crown and broad arrow just under that.
It's missing it's ramrod.
Seems to be all original , with no noticable repairs.
I cleaned the inside of the barrel + breach up, and left the outside as is.
I cant seem to locate any plastic 24 gauge hulls, or a round ball mold, so it's just gonna be a safe queen I guess.
I wasnt planning on shooting it much anyway. Would be fun to hear it roar a few times though !
Maybe if somebody had a handfull of 24 gauge plastic hulls they'd sell.
I'm not set up to load the brass hulls , and dont want to shoot this old girl much anyway.
It just doesn't seem right to have a shootable gun , that you've never heard go boom ! lol
The Lee .600 round ball molds seem to be out of stock everywhere , as do the 24 gauge plastic hulls.
I guess there is alot of snider shooters out there !
After cleaning the barrel with a bronze brush it looks bright + shiny , but doesnt seem to have very deep rifling.
There is no D/C marking on the stock. Just the enfield marking and the "1".
It has a leather sling , and a nipple protector with the chain.
The lock is VC + crown marked behind the hammer , and in front of the hammer is marked 1856 enfield , with a smaller crown and broad arrow just under that.
It's missing it's ramrod.
Seems to be all original , with no noticable repairs.
I cleaned the inside of the barrel + breach up, and left the outside as is.
I cant seem to locate any plastic 24 gauge hulls, or a round ball mold, so it's just gonna be a safe queen I guess.
I wasnt planning on shooting it much anyway. Would be fun to hear it roar a few times though !
Maybe if somebody had a handfull of 24 gauge plastic hulls they'd sell.
I'm not set up to load the brass hulls , and dont want to shoot this old girl much anyway.
It just doesn't seem right to have a shootable gun , that you've never heard go boom ! lol
The Lee .600 round ball molds seem to be out of stock everywhere , as do the 24 gauge plastic hulls.
I guess there is alot of snider shooters out there !


















































