Question regarding the trigger action on my first Antique Webley

RSA1

Regular
EE Expired
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
Hi,

I have just received a Webley MK111 (marked 455/476), which is my first ever Canadian Antique, and I need some information regarding the way the trigger action works. This is a revolver which I bought on CGN, so only have what information was disclosed in the original advert.

When I draw the hammer back to get it to #### in single action, if I take it back as far as it can go, the trigger jumps forward and the hammer does not engage the sear to stay in the cocked single action position. However, if I slowly pull the hammer back to a point a few millimetres from "all the way" back, the trigger stays at the back and the hammer stays in the cocked position.

I am familiar with the modern S&W (also Astra and Taurus) and Ruger double action revolvers, where the hammer still engages the sear even if the hammer is pulled all the way to the back.

Is the action on my old Webley MK 111 faulty, or am just ignorant about how the Webley action is designed and operates?

All help and info appreciated.

Regards,

RSA1
 
Sounds like mechanical issues. I just pull the hammer back all the way on my mk II and she's good to go. I don't know how to fix it but I ll bet someone who does will chime in. :)
 
I looked at a Webley Mk III (455/476) this morning and the hammer sits fully back against the frame when cocked for single action. Just short of S/A full #### I can hear a quiet click when the hammer is slowly pulled back but the hammer will not engage at this point and a loud click is heard when the hammer engages fully back.

How heavy is your trigger pull in single action?




Hi,

I have just received a Webley MK111 (marked 455/476), which is my first ever Canadian Antique, and I need some information regarding the way the trigger action works. This is a revolver which I bought on CGN, so only have what information was disclosed in the original advert.

When I draw the hammer back to get it to #### in single action, if I take it back as far as it can go, the trigger jumps forward and the hammer does not engage the sear to stay in the cocked single action position. However, if I slowly pull the hammer back to a point a few millimetres from "all the way" back, the trigger stays at the back and the hammer stays in the cocked position.

I am familiar with the modern S&W (also Astra and Taurus) and Ruger double action revolvers, where the hammer still engages the sear even if the hammer is pulled all the way to the back.

Is the action on my old Webley MK 111 faulty, or am just ignorant about how the Webley action is designed and operates?

All help and info appreciated.

Regards,

RSA1
 
Hi Everybody,

Thank you for the post replies and PM. The information and video material has been very useful.

When the trigger sits in the almost "fully cocked" single action position, the trigger pull needed to drop the hammer (obviously controlled, not typical dry fire) feels normal, possibly about 6-7 pounds, so not really excessive.

However, I have now had more time to examine the Webley and have noticed that the timing is out when the hammer is in this (not fully back / cocked) position. The chamber which is supposed to be aligned with the barrel, is visually not aligned with the barrel, the one side showing more of the adjacent chamber mouth, the other side not showing a full view of the cylinder's chamber. This is even more of a concern!

Thank you for all your input.

RSA1
 
Back
Top Bottom