Nitro Proofed - the early guns would have been black powder. Later guns were nitro proofed as were some of the older guns when refurbished.
Then I am guessing that a Webley MK I in 45 ACP is modern powder?
The correct way to use the revolvers that have been altered to 45acp is to download the 45acp to 455 webley pressure levels.
Not really.
Most of the Webley MKI, MKII, MKIII .455 service revolvers that we see here are ex-military. They weren't required to have any proofmarks, until they were sold as surplus in the 1950s. Then, by British law they had to be proofed at either London or Birmingham proofhouses before they could be sold to non-military owners. This explains why some MKI 455 Webley Service revolvers have the NP stamp and some do not. It has nothing to do with the date of manufacture or whether they were designed for smokeless or BP.
Did the Brit miltary not do the NP for their purposes? I'd have to think they'd want confirmation that a service gun was up to the rigours of using the new ammunition?
Then I am guessing that a Webley MK I in 45 ACP is modern powder?
For those interested,head space fix in your shaved webley, shooting 455 webley.
[youtube]riBaoXjzrj4[/youtube]



























