Hey guys.
Just thought I would drop a line in the black powder forum today as I fired my first black powder rifle this afternoon.
When my wife's grandpa passed away in December I was given three of his old rifles, one of which was a 1856 Enfield model 1853 what was converted to Snider .577 around 1886. The poor thing had been hanging on his wall for decades. There was some bands missing and it was dirty as sin. Well with the help of some great, generous and knowledgeable black powder shooters I fired it today. I built a "controlled fire" platform and test fired it, all went well and I was firing off the hip (so to speak) after that. What a great day.
I know this is a old subject......577 ammo......the rounds that I have were from gun shows at $5.00 a shoot. I watched a utube video on loading 24gauge red shotgun shells with a .60cal ball and bee's wax/lambs lard. I can't find any 24gauge shells anywhere. Do any of you do this? and where do you get your shells.
Thanks
Just thought I would drop a line in the black powder forum today as I fired my first black powder rifle this afternoon.
When my wife's grandpa passed away in December I was given three of his old rifles, one of which was a 1856 Enfield model 1853 what was converted to Snider .577 around 1886. The poor thing had been hanging on his wall for decades. There was some bands missing and it was dirty as sin. Well with the help of some great, generous and knowledgeable black powder shooters I fired it today. I built a "controlled fire" platform and test fired it, all went well and I was firing off the hip (so to speak) after that. What a great day.
I know this is a old subject......577 ammo......the rounds that I have were from gun shows at $5.00 a shoot. I watched a utube video on loading 24gauge red shotgun shells with a .60cal ball and bee's wax/lambs lard. I can't find any 24gauge shells anywhere. Do any of you do this? and where do you get your shells.
Thanks


















































