Yet another project?

tiriaq

Super Moderator
Moderating Team
Rating - 100%
252   0   0
I was looking over my cache of odds and ends. A while back I bought an armload of old barrels. One of them is from a Mk.III Snider. 5 groove, steel. Decent bore, sight and bayonet lug removed, along with about half an inch of the threads and chamber; not particularly useful for reinstallation on a Snider receiver. I also have some modern 12ga barrels. I was thinking that an interesting double barrelled combination gun could be made. The Snider barrel is relatively light, not too much heavier than the shotgun barrel, so the gun wouldn't be too heavy. An over/under would be easier than a side by side.
 
I know a guy that made a rifle barrel fit into a SXS shotgun barrel he did this in both barrels and made them so they could turn.
He didnt soder them in soild untill he got both barrels sited in and shooting good by turning then abit every few shots then marking them till they hit where he wanted. then he sodered them in it worked great not sure if he sodered or brazed them in but they both shot to where the sites pointed which can be hard with a SXS rifled gun.
Be a cool gun to have a 12 ga and rifled barrel next to it.
I have a modern gun its a Over and under 30 30 over a 20 ga very usefull gun.
 
I was thinking in terms of a muzzleloader, but I bet that Snider barrel could be turned to sleeve 12ga breechloader barrel. Have to do some measuring.
 
I was thinking in terms of a muzzleloader, but I bet that Snider barrel could be turned to sleeve 12ga breechloader barrel. Have to do some measuring.

a combo guns in 12ga/.577 snider would be cool im sure the .58 barrel could be turned down and if needed the shotgun barrel could be bored a bit
 
Back
Top Bottom