41 Long Colt bullet molds

Vin4570

Member
Rating - 100%
39   0   0
I'm just starting to try and make up some ammunition for a 41 Thunderer. I've been able to locate dies, brass and some heel based bullets. I think I'd prefer to cast some hollow based bullets but I can't find bullet molds for sale anywhere. Anyone else have some luck finding 41LC bullet molds?
 
Last edited:
I'm just starting to try and make up some ammunition for a 41 Thunderer. I've been able to locate dies, brass and some heel based bullets. I think I'd prefer to cast some hollow based bullets but I can't find bullet molds for sale anywhere. Anyone else have some luck finding 41LC bullet molds?

The two classics are the 386177, and 386178 by Lyman.
They never were common. Rare as honest politicians, actually.

They draw bloody good money on the auction sites when they do show up.

Good news is....There is (was?) a group buy going on over on castboolits for a .41LC bullet mold, that you might be able to get in on. Worth going over there and having a look around.
Be aware that the group buy process moves slowly, and if you need instant gratification, this route ain't it. :)

There is at least one site that shows all the available and formerly available molds from the different makers...Pretty sure this one is OK for posting as a direct link...http://harryo.sixshootercommunity.org/

The group buy bullet referenced above, is a heavy one. 200 Gr~

Good luck!

Cheers
Trev
 
The old Rapine was my favorite, I had three of them once, hard to find, all sold now.
 
This might be of some use to you. No W's. harryo.sixshootercommunity.org/
Lyman is not showing a .41 calibre mold. The .41 Magnum uses a .410" bullet. You'll likely have to swage .410.
 
Send an e-mail to Bernie Rowles at Bernie@oldwestbulletmoulds.com. He makes moulds for all the old calibers. Good guy to deal with.

Bernie is a good guy. He makes nice molds. He also makes tools for crimping heel based bullets so you should probably think about that when you order.

I had better luck getting in touch with Bernie at this email: allisonmonument@aol.com It is the first email he lists on his site.
 
This might be of some use to you. No W's. harryo.sixshootercommunity.org/
Lyman is not showing a .41 calibre mold. The .41 Magnum uses a .410" bullet. You'll likely have to swage .410.



41Lc uses a heeled bullet - .386"/.401" bullet, OR a non-heeled Hollow Base .386" bullet.

Either way, swaging a .41 Mag bullet is terrible advice. :)
 
The group buy on cast boolits is here: http://castboolits.gunloads.com/sho...-2-cavity-Brass-Hollow-Base-41-Long-Colt-mold . Rumor is that it will be made in about June 2014.

It was my suggestions that got this group buy started originally. This is the only 2 cavity hollow base 41LC mold I've ever heard of, and likely the last we'll ever see..
Put your name down on the group buy and if you change your mind later you can pull out any time you like, even when they call for payment.
 
The group buy on cast boolits is here: http://castboolits.gunloads.com/sho...-2-cavity-Brass-Hollow-Base-41-Long-Colt-mold . Rumor is that it will be made in about June 2014.

It was my suggestions that got this group buy started originally. This is the only 2 cavity hollow base 41LC mold I've ever heard of, and likely the last we'll ever see..
Put your name down on the group buy and if you change your mind later you can pull out any time you like, even when they call for payment.

I had an NEI two cavity hollow base for .41 Colt but I cannot recommend their product. ####ty service and not a well finished product.
 
Back
Top Bottom