Error date 1894 carbine dog

ranman50

Regular
Super GunNutz
Rating - 100%
136   0   0
I have a dog carbine,it's a mess but good for some parts. I noticed it has the error date on barrel and was wondering is it worth anything to a collector ? The barrel has been shortened slightly.
c08f3ced3f7c527f11989895408efb85.jpg
[/IMG]
55de09fb3f55e1cc09a8615b55f96c18.jpg
[/IMG]
This is a real junker even the spring on the carbine sight is broke. The fore stock is good, butt stock junk
Thanks for any comments, good or bad :dancingbanana:
 
A collector might place a little premium on a wrong patent date 1894, it occurred from S/N 350,000 UP TO AROUND 400,000. But the fact that your barrel is cut pretty much ruins that. I would sell it for parts maybe.
 
SOME Collectors might not want junk, SUNRAY my friend, but it is all that some of us can afford.

We will have several rebuilt junkers out on the range here this year. A couple of them are old enough to have taken a shot at Nappy...... or Wellsley before he got the "Lord" in front of his name.
 
x2....I'd pick up the OP's rifle and take advantage of the necessarily reduced price, in order to pick up an example of this factory error. Absolutely.

I collect actions, so to me any rifle from a country/era that I'm collecting is of interest.

Not to mention that as Smellie has pointed out some us actually shoot "junk" and enjoy doing so. Right now I have a 3 band snider, 1874 gras 12g, 71/84 Mauser, 1900 MLE and several others that were considered "junk" that regularly spend time on the range.
 
Back
Top Bottom