Help with old ammo 45/75 & 45/60 & 25/20 & 303 savage &38-40 & 44-40

parts481z28

New member
Rating - 100%
189   0   0
Location
Inverary Ontario
Help with old ammo 45/75 & 45/60 & 25/20 & 303 savage &38-40 & 44-40

Hi I have some old ammo that I don't know much about I was going to sell it on EE but I don't know what a fair price is or if anyone would be interested in this old stuff any help would be appreciated sorry about the crappy pictures
10 rounds of 303 savage
10 rounds of dc.co 45/60
22 rounds of 25/20 wra.co
2 rounds of 38/40 dominion
1 round of 44/40 dominion
12 rounds of 45/75
[URL=http://s1130.photobucket.com/user/parts481z28/media/Mobile%20Uploads/2014-03/F4E9D3D0-6E3A-48DB-9304-549E13A3F5A7.jpg.html]
702AED13-0E4A-480A-91FB-322AF2B4AF67.jpg
[/URL][URL=http://s1130.photobucket.com/user/parts481z28/media/Mobile%20Uploads/2014-03/09F3470A-23AD-4AA3-A04A-8BB87B98A0AC.jpg.html]
8FF74F60-9FF0-4103-B05C-1FA6B5C8B9FE.jpg
[/URL][URL=http://s1130.photobucket.com/user/parts481z28/media/Mobile%20Uploads/2014-03/FFE2A466-B24C-416A-825C-0DFFA6C4BB3C.jpg.html]
4C52223F-E59A-4479-889C-516B63D5DDD4.jpg
[/URL][URL=http://s1130.photobucket.com/user/parts481z28/media/Mobile%20Uploads/2014-03/F60514ED-38F6-47B9-8BB9-A4745939D3D3.jpg.html]
5CF7819F-B931-4C95-8AC2-A40F8A352F7D.jpg
[/URL][URL=http://s1130.photobucket.com/user/parts481z28/media/firearms/4C52223F-E59A-4479-889C-516B63D5DDD4.jpg.html]
31B30204-3623-4039-B830-73586DE8BF46.jpg
[/URL]
 
Shipping ammunition is difficult and expensive to do as Canada Post will not. The .45/60 and .45/75 ammo has some value to a collector but I don't think the other stuff is rare or unusual so probably wouldn't be worth the bother. Collectors really like full boxes in good condition, loose rounds are harder to move. Might be easier to take it to a gun show and sell or swap it for something you want. My 2 cents.
 
I bought an old cartridge from a fellow at a gun show and he was charging $5 each for a lot of the old stuff, but the 45-60 and 45-75 might be worth a bit more if it is original and not reloads. The primers on that 25-20 ammo look really old as well. Might be worth something for that 25-20 stuff if it is original. I doubt the 303 and 38-40 stuff is worth anything other than shooting purposes.
 
Those guys selling for $5 aren't paying that and will cherry pick if you let them, you can expect average $2 round if you sell it as a lot.

Good point. Selling to a dealer will not be as lucrative as selling them one at a time to a collector .... but then there is the hassle of selling them one at a time. Some collectors have partial original boxes that they would be eager to fill, so you might advertise them in the EE in case there is one in your area that could swing by and pick them up. I see you live in Ontario. I wouldn't mind acquiring one of those 45-75 cartridges if you don't live too far away.

PM SENT.
 
Back
Top Bottom