Baker rifle??

budman

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Location
S.W Bantario
Is there anyone up here that make reproduction Baker rifles?
I'd like to get one late summer early fall. And does it still
fall under the antique act, My dad would like to shoot it as well?
 
Heyo,
You've got two basic options - a smoothbore indian baker which is the budget option or a custom baker made by yourself or someone else. Quality, condition and price increases from the indian to the custom gun.


Antique status info is available in the stickies - antique status flowchart sticky and antique status regs sticky.




Edit - I misspoke about the IMA gun - it was a brunswick, not a baker.
 
Last edited:
I wasn't sure about the status as it was rifled. It was like the rifle used in the
Sharps series, like a rifled carbine size flint lock.
 
If you take a look at the antique regs you'll see that all flintlock long arms are treated as antiques. New flintlock pistols are not. At the moment I don't think anyone produces a rifled baker - the Indian ones are smooth bore. Track of the Wolf did have rifled baker barrels at one point, but I have no idea if they'll fit an Indian baker or what it would take to do so. That's the extent of my knowledge but it should get you started with finding what you're looking for.
 
I would also later on like to get an India pattern Brown Bess browned barrel.
For now I am after the Baker.
Maybe I was confusing the registry due to lands and grooves that
over a certain size must be registered? Gone now, Yeah!!!
 
I haven't held and fired one of these rifles since 85,
brnoshooter , is that just a parts list, the price at the bottom would indicate
an assembled rifle?

no those have to be built by you the price at the bottom is the price for a package with a assembled lock(cheaper for a package with a unassembled lock but you have to build and fit everything)
 
Try Loyalist Arms out of Nova Scotia, they should have them. If you ask them they can prove the gun so you will feel safe when firing it
 
If you buy Indian Musket from a dealer who expects quality and pays decent fair price, Indian guns are OK. However many commercial orders are made with only cost in mind so the production quality and materials are not too good if not unsafe.
 
Back
Top Bottom