First and last dealing with Marstar!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MajorBeh

I placed a $1400 order with Marstar on January 3rd. I received a bunch of repetitive 'confirmation' emails which never mentioned anything about shipping times etc.

I didn't hear anything from them so I called in today, 2 weeks later, to be told that my package will be 'rushed' out for shipping on Friday.

Had I known Marstar usually takes this long to process and ship an order I would have taken my business elsewhere.

I hope that this quality of service - or lack thereof, isn't a reflection of their quality of products, however, I can only imagine this is the case.

New to ordering online, eh?

^^^^

i wouldn't say that about the op because i had the same ordeal. i didn't fuss about it, but i did
wait a hefty month in june, i believe, for some quad rail.

i never had a problem with other dealers so i mean, it's fine for him to gripe i guess.

If you bought anything restricted that is pretty normal.
Not to mention the time of year it is and there are MANY other customers to help and serve besides yourself.

Well I image being January the 3RD they had quite a few orders with the sales going on. I have purchased from them and have had nothing but good experiences and good deals with them. I would put this one behind you and wait for their next sale.

Marstar is not the type of retailer to give hugs to the needy.
What they are, is solid retailer that has been around longer than most in this country and have served the shooting community very well during their tenure.

Have you addressed this with John directly? Any issues I've had have been resolved quickly. They've also had a ton if sales & specials going on recently.

Yup, nothing but good things to say about these guys. I have a number of outstanding orders from other sellers and from my perspective two weeks isn't bad at all.

New to ordering online, eh?

New to ordering online from gun retailers probably. In the rest of the world, for everything else, ordering online doesn't take two weeks to ship. If I order a gun from you in the EE and you take two weeks to ship, you're getting negative feedback - as you should receive. And as this guy just did for Marstar. There's no excuse for this - you're selling stuff online, get it shipped. "I'm busy" is a weak excuse.

The last two orders I bought from TradeExCanada, they shipped same/next day and I received it the day after that. Just like it's supposed to be.

hey, everyone screws up. If so, address it. If you're can't do your job routinely, then expect to get called on it publicly. It's one reason why I won't ever ever buy from Canada ammo. I've seen too many threads (many deleted) that complain about long wait times. I order online, the reasonable expectation is that you're shipping within 24 hours. I don't care if YOU choose to wait, the rest of the world chooses not to AND it's not normal behavior - it's poor customer service in any industry even if it's commonplace in gun retailers. You're too busy to put in some overtime to sell what you're selling, expect to get called on it publicly.

I've no idea if that's Marstar or not. I do know it's commonplace in this space, and that there's lots of folks that seem to be willing to defend this kind of inexcusable behaviour in a business.

Watching this place for what promises to be an entertaining response from the forum sponsor in question. Methinks the OP's expectations are a bit high. Marstar has probably not even cleared their boxing week sale backlog!

3rd of January eh? first of all that was a Friday, two days after the Christmas and New Years break, where lot of people took the advantage of taking two additional days off, so in reality the first day back at work with full staff would had been the 6th. During the break the store and the office was close, but the online store remain open, along with the popularity of the year end sale, they probably saw a tsunami of orders waiting for them.

hmmm.......

that's a poor statement, if i order online, i expect it to be processed the same or next day and shipped the following.. i don't care what industry it is, this is how shipments should work.

I order lots online, some from north America where I get it in 1-2 weeks and sometimes from china because its cheap and it takes 6-8weeks sometimes. So shipped within 48 hours is certainly not something you can simply expect across the board with any online purchase as you have stated. Plus if there is anything restricted in there hes lucky it only took a few weeks. Good grief just relax, your stuff will get to you and any dealings I have had with them have gone smooth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom