07-08 June 2014 CFB Petawawa CQB Clinic - Debrief here!

Thanks for the info. I'll start with a Condor double pouch, then take it from there.

Those taco pouches look pretty slick though.

Hey John@

I love the Black Hawk Serpa drop leg holster for my 226. Holds the pistol nice and secure and when drawn you finger ends up in the perfect spot just above the trigger. If I remember correctly .45 was frowned upon at the range so I would plan on the Sig.

I'm up for a winter CQB! Way more fun picking up brass in the snow. By Chalkrivers standards it would just like a full scale reenactment of the battle of the bulge. Except of course we would have AR's, proper cold weather gear, no one shooting at us and instead of rations we will probably wind up with scharwarmas for lunch.

Got my vest today (thanks Chalkriver!), and there is lots of room for a holster on my belt, so I'll stick with what I have for the pistols.
Depending on the range we may be able to shoot 45, so I'll plan for both.

Chalkriver and I are planning a pile of clinics and matches for the coming year of 2015. :D

What we've done so far is examine his FF schedule for the available weekends and coordinate with my open weekends. Net result? Lots of activity up in Petawawa especially now that I'm encouraging (or will be) more "Soldier On" members to come out and shoot PR matches/clinics. :)

Cheers and keep helping them nooobs out there! :wave:

Barney

PS: just keep it simple and shoot 9mm... lots cheaper anyways! :evil:

Ok, so I probably have about all I need for the clinic. Mag pouches and dump bag on a molle tac vest. My IDPA gear: pistol + holster and mag pouches on my belt. A Norico M4 with a sling, some accessories, iron sights and 3.4Ă— optics. And the norc has a Neit arms 4 port comp I got ages ago. I've only used it a few times, since installing it, its quite loud.

I see in the photos above, it looks like we will do drills standing in a line, so I'm thinking I need to change the comp, or do lots of the attendees have these?

Eventually I plan to replace it with one of those fire breathing piggy type comps, this could be the impetus to get moving on that.

Linear compensators are pretty handy on Short Barreled Rifles. I put an Allen Gun Works comp on my 12.5" NEA and it works pretty well.

Shooting with a muzzle brake in the modified prone position is always good for a laugh, especially in the mud.

Last edited:
Are this kind of clinics are open to a totally newbie? I mean I shoot sometime with a mini-14 but never attended this kind of clinic. But it look very cool!

Are this kind of clinics are open to a totally newbie? I mean I shoot sometime with a mini-14 but never attended this kind of clinic. But it look very cool!

Yes this is open to anyone and no prior experiance required. Barney is a very good teacher and these clinics are set up to introduce CQB matches to new shooters.

When is the next match? I'll be there for the first time!

We are still hammering out the dates as we speak. Trust me, CQB is the most fun you can have with your clothes on, especially when I take the "Holy Hammer of Stoppage" to your stuck rifle and ammo combination! :)

Here it is being presented to the venerable Timk of the ORA in Base Borden.....

Trust me... them $500 or $600 Norinco AR/ M4 rifles don't get stuck! :evil:

Cheers and keep helping them noooobies out there!

Barney

Back
Top Bottom