My experience with Marstar and UPS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Marstar says they are thinking of leaving CGN , after some of the comments i've seen made by John, they should be ASKED to leave , as a gun dealer, WE are your customers and you should be bending over backwards to keep your customers happy, all I see from you is mostly insults ...and you wonder why everyone jumps on marstar for bad customer service??? seems they are getting it from the owner himself , with all the whining from John about his company being always right, I think you should get out of the gun business and start selling baby clothes, start with pacifiers , first one goes to the boss

What a chit show !!! I wish people would back off in these kinds of threads and just let the dealer and the customer work it out.

Is there really so many people on here that just love to feed off negativity. I see a lot of repeat posters here that post negative crap in other places on the forum.

Chill out kids.
I wish these things could be sorted out over emails but it seems to be a trend that they seem to respond on here quickly after the person has waited a while for an email response. Then you get an anchor man fight scene when the fan boys and the s*it disturbers show up. Maybe it's an email issue or a Staff issue, but it becomes a CGN one when everyone else joins in the problem and turns it into a crap shoot.

Whenever an issue arises, the onus seems to always be put on the customer. The business should and could have dealt with this right away with the customer and followed up with UPS separately. There's no reason to drag the whole ordeal out with the customer in the middle of it all.

Unfortunately it sounds like the shipment was signed for. I would have rejected the shipment as soon as I saw it, told the ups driver to send it back and then contact marstar for a re-shipment or refund. Any and all dealings with ups should be handled by the shipper plain and simple. The fact that they provided you a contact number and told you to contact them is BS.

Unfortunately it sounds like the shipment was signed for. I would have rejected the shipment as soon as I saw it, told the ups driver to send it back and then contact marstar for a re-shipment or refund. Any and all dealings with ups should be handled by the shipper plain and simple. The fact that they provided you a contact number and told you to contact them is BS.

I believe the OP said he wasn't there and his daughter had to help the driver.

Ups via there business development people details to new shippers how to package shipments by box design, box weight rating, corrugation design, label placement etc, it's down to a science so that there liability is reduced and if it's not followed your screwed.

As for your average joe unless you go to there website you'd never know.

you take pics of every shipment that leaves in the past 10 years? Okay the op gave us his pics, lets see yours, and put it to rest. If not, well, op wins.

read

john,
get a cheap digital camera and have your shippers photo every shipment. One shot, takes a second and then you will be able to send those when damage occurs.

for the last ten years every shipment is photographed and filed before leaving the warehouse.
John

I don't understand what you're trying to say? messy saw john saying he took a picture of every package that has left the shop for the past 10 years. So Vancouver ski bum said so you've taken a picture of every package that has left for 10 years ? Let's see them. So I'm not sure why you have "read" underlined in bold.

Last edited:
I worked for a very well known transport company, not a courier service. We transported everything from LTL to truckload. Large shipments of smokeless powder also. They do the USA and Canada. The trailers were loaded with care and they deliver to even domestic address's. As far as I know claims were settled promptly. Perhaps it's time to use this type of transport other than courier where speed takes precedent over safety of the cargo. They also had a way of putting expedited items at the rear of the trailer. Probably cheaper than UPS and the others. The dockmen who loaded had to sign for it and those who unloaded had to make reports on any damage. Seems like a better way for larger shipments.

Your arrogance and complete lack of respect speak volumes. This is where I come to ask questions and be informed. I wouldn't buy from you even before this. There is nothing on your site in stock...ever. Learn to take some criticism and show your a man and not have a b#$ch fit about it.

You are right, we are down to the last few thousand firearms and the last couple of million dollars of accessories,,,, better close the doors....
John

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom