Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Thank you Marstar for the Norinco CQ special.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitzy View Post
    Uhh I think there is a difference between bashing and being realistic. US made AR15's start at $750 these days, not exactly out of reach for most people, and don't forget the Nork M4's are currently on sale at $529, but usually retail for $699. Out of all the reviews and praises, not a single person addressed the quality of the materials, which leads me to beleive they can't spot a cast part vs a forged part vs a MIM part. If you don't care that's fine too, but at least TRY and understand what the difference is, and WHY these are $529.
    There is nothing wrong with buying or owning a $529 AR15, but don't pretend it is the equivalent, or that it will last as long as one that is much better made out of forged 7075 aluminium, with a carpenter 158 steel bolt/carrier, and properly heat treated small parts for $750.
    Ok we get it you dont like them dont need to keep posting the same #### why stick around just to bash them

Sorry if this was already mentioned but most local gun shops price match and don't charge shipping.

My local gun shop not only price matched the Marstar price but is also holding it for me while I wait for my RPAL to arrive.

Keep in mind that online sales will most likely translate to local sales as well. Not the AR I truly wanted but I couldn't pass it up at the price that it was offered.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer TRaTSeRiF's Avatar
    Even if they will price-match, ordering online is convenient. While my local gun shop (the only one in the area that carries restricted) is only about 15km away, it typically takes me over 30min to get there. My time and gas are valuable to me and would be close to breaking even on the postage. Marstar also provided great service when I was ordering some low priced parts and accessories so I figured it's time for me to order a gun from them. I remember good service and try to reciprocate.

Is this gun a DD? Of course not. But then it costs 1/3 of the DD price (while on sale lol). Plenty of people running CQB and Service Conditions with these rifles without a single complaint about the function and reliability. There are only 2 issues you should be aware of with this gun:

1) Can't take it to the US - it's Chinese-made
    2) The triggers suck and typically get swapped out for competition use. Shoot enough you'll smooth it out. You can also just polish the mating surfaces and replace the spring to hurry the process along. Finally, you can spend a couple hundred and put in a proper drop-in replacement. Your choice.
    A penny found is worth more than a penny earned, because a penny earned is taxed.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer caramel's Avatar
    Price matching is not that important when loyalty customers-dealers is present, sometimes, you will pay 75.00 more from a dealer but on the other hand he will trow in 6 mags free of charge... Looking at just a number never tell all the story... JP.

Way to go Secretary !! Welcome to the AR world !!
    SUPPORT OUR TROOPS AND NEVER FORGET THE FALLEN
    Member of CCFR. ARE YOU!!

Quote Originally Posted by grunt19 View Post
    Way to go Secretary !! Welcome to the AR world !!
    ....... azz
    I exist solely for comedic relief..... oh, and drugs!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Deckard's Avatar
    John(s): please bring in the Norc A2 20" in this special pricing.
    Listen, and understand. That Liberal is out there. It can’t be bargained with. It can’t be reasoned with. It doesn’t feel pity, or remorse- only fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until your guns are gone.

Quote Originally Posted by jcpal View Post
    Ok we get it you dont like them dont need to keep posting the same #### why stick around just to bash them
    Why is a realistic review bashing? #### even I got sucked in by all the positive reviews in this site, but I've come to realize there are tons of newbs that don't really know #### about guns, how they work, what to look for, etc etc. Hell one guy blew his up on the first round because he was sooo stoked with his new gun he didn't bother to disassemble and clean it up and never got to see those oil soaked rags in the barrel extension. KABOOM!
    That's the source of most of the reviews on CGN. You may not care what I have to say about the Nork M4 I got, but I'm giving real honest information, no bias, no bs, and have other rifles to compare it to. For $530 it's going to be fine and acceptable for a lot of people. I think they are worth $530....not a penny more though. And they are still very much lacking the quality of even the cheapest US made AR15.

c. $580 to the door via UPS. My first AR.

I am quite content so far. Have yet to shoot the thing, but it appears to be a reasonably capable piece of kit. The trigger is abysmal - chunky with a bunch of "false start" stages. I may have to pull it apart and see what the issue is.

I'm learning lots. Got the handguards off, and now can't get 'em back on. That delta ring spring seems to be an ex-F-150 part. I've tried everything the internet recommends short of buying the Handguard Removal Tool. Just can't justify dropping money on a tool I'll likely only use the once. Will drag the upper into the LGS to see if they have any ideas.

I'm told the little pocket the forend slips into at the front is undersized on the Norincos. It fits their foreends and no one elses. Anyone else had experience with this?
    Grammar is like personal hygiene - you can ignore it if you like, but don't be surprised when people make assumptions about you.

^^ my magpul forend had to be slowly filed down. But now that it's in there, it fits real tight and is pretty sturdy.