Modern Hunter and Gen 3 Pmags UPDATE APRIL 7 2015

I expect it would be easier and cheaper to make some mods to the MH as opposed to going full bore into making your own mags. I like standardization and hate proprietary crap.

If Magpul is changing their mag designs that often I would maybe wait for the Gen4 before modifying the rifle anyway.... and I would maybe fire magpul and email and find out what they're up to. I imagine a lot of companies would tire of constant changes and steer away from pmag compatibility if the design keeps changing. I would love to know why they changed the design at all.... my pmags work great and they have to be gen 1 or 2....

It would certainly be cheaper to change the mag release location and the magwell angle, but then that would make our rifle wholly dependent on just 1 mag. Given how often Magpul changes offshore manufacturer or specs I do not want to gamble on them.

It would certainly be cheaper to change the mag release location and the magwell angle, but then that would make our rifle wholly dependent on just 1 mag. Given how often Magpul changes offshore manufacturer or specs I do not want to gamble on them.
Yeah, I just caught that and was about to rescind my comment. Obviously that wouldn't make any sense. I thought maybe these mag changes were minor but it sounds like they are significant. Why the hell would Magpul do that?

I just like cheap mags. It sucks having to pay $75 for a magazine.

Could we get the mags with that baseplate (locking plate) glued on? so we can use their mag limiter?

We are investigating many options, this is just 1 of them.
Time is what we need to sort out exactly how best to proceed.

We do NOT have pricing or delivery on mags yet, so some patience would be appreciated.
As soon as I know more, you will.

I think I have been pretty good about keeping all up to date so far.

Last edited:
We are investigating many options, this is just 1 of them.
Time is what we need to sort out exactly how best to proceed.

We do NOT have pricing or delivery on mags yet, so some patience would be appreciated.
As soon as I know more, you will.

I think I have been pretty good about keeping all up to date so far.

Yes you guys have been really good about this. Im really happy im supporting you.

Great news, thanks for the update Rick.

Reviews look good as well. This is the part i like : "There is a bit more COL allowable in the IMI mag compared to my PMAGs."

IMI: 2.850"
Pmag: 2.820"

2014-10-12113513_zps43d11df6.jpg

w ww.ar15.com/forums/t_3_121/658173_New_IMI_Defesne_7_62_NATO__308_Winchester_20rd_Magazines_from_AIM_Surplus.html

As far as im concerned those iwi mags look just as good as the pmags, and iwi makes some good quality products. I hope your able to get a good supply of them.
But please dont glue the baseplate on.. i like the option of being able to disassemble my mags.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom