ATRS Modern hunter specs, pics and range reports

I was around the 110 mark,,,,,,,however,,,,,,,I am in an odd caliber and and in stainless so they had my barrel and it was on hand, only reason why I have mine I think is because of the carbon fibre barrel hiccup with proof, they needed to keep moving with parts they did have in stock.

Whoa that'd be wildly fortunate as I'm in the 50's with a stainless barrel in. 308. Didn't think cerakote would set it back that far.

Whoa that'd be wildly fortunate as I'm in the 50's with a stainless barrel in. 308. Didn't think cerakote would set it back that far.

Yes I was fortunate, I would guess you not so much because it's a proof 308, still got caught in their permit mishap, At the end of the day(and soon) we will all get ours, and if you have one on order you are fortunate too:)

Mini report

Hopefully my pics work. After what felt like a very long wait I got my modern hunter on Thursday. Mine is a .243 with a medium contour stainless barrel. First off I must say I am very happy, fit and finish are excellent and thus far it has displayed no real function issues. Hopefully I will be able to show some more results soon but I did manage some time at my 100yd range.
Tried two varieties of factory ammo as well as some handloads. The factory loads tried were federal premium 100gr gamekings (4 round group), and hornady superformance varmint with 58gr v-max (5 round group). As long as my pics worked you can see the results for yourself. Where it got interesting is when I tried some handloads, I only shot the one, three round group using 90gr lapua scenars loaded over 41gr of imr 4831 and seated to 2.7". This was just something I threw together based on book data but it shows some serious potential. Hopefully this answers some questions for a few of you and I will try to post some more results after I do some fine tuning and stretch out the range a little.

image_zpsaixctkk0.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

image_zpsnoyxeppe.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

image_zpsdcruophm.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

image_zpsft6kegzz.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:
That's what I've been waiting to see... hand load potential... nice work and thanks for showing 257. Maybe by the time I save up enough money they'll be caught up and those proof barrels won't be back logged.

Thanks guys, was shooting off a bench using sandbags. My barrel is 20" 1-10 twist. Dosen't look like it will be too hard to tighten up the groups once I have some time to play with loads a bit more.

So I got out to do a little more shooting this morning. Think I found my load, now using 42 grains of 4831 with a 90gr scenar and seated to 2.750". As it sits right now this load groups better than I can. Pic is of a five round group at 100yd. The outside right one was defiantly my fault not the gun.

Edit: just broke out the chrony, 3 round average was in the 2850 area.

image_zpsbhxwcyeb.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

outstanding!
thanx for posting
it's getting harder and harder to resist putting a deposit down on one of these, just gotta pay for a couple other toys and ammo first LOL

They found a different supplier who's magazines work. AFAIK gen3 magpul mags still won't work.

Actually, I'm pretty sure they're still having some issues with the new mags as well. From the other thread:

Yes we did. However they do not feed from our MH flawlessly unless the mag is supported. We are looking at ways to solve this...

Back
Top Bottom