Modern VARMINTER .... ?

wagnerb

Regular
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
I know, I know, it's too early to ask ... but is there any chance that one of the calibre choices for the pint-sized Modern Hunter will be 7.62x39?

While I love the idea of a non-restricted black AR, and while I like the .223, I would LOVE a Canadian black rifle AR in the 7.62 Russian!

Anyone else feel the same?

Here is what i would want. A CHF barrelby a reputable company like dd or cc or even a stainless CHF dd barrel!

I know, I know, it's too early to ask ... but is there any chance that one of the calibre choices for the pint-sized Modern Hunter will be 7.62x39?

While I love the idea of a non-restricted black AR, and while I like the .223, I would LOVE a Canadian black rifle AR in the 7.62 Russian!

modern hunter is based on an AR10... longer action
the AR for 223 is AR15, shorter action... have some mag compatibility issues

Not likely as 7.62x39 requires a much larger bolt face than 223 does. In AR15s guns in 7.62x39 are pretty reknown for bolt failure.
That and I don't feel the love for Russian. I feel that we would be setting ourselves up for many alleged warranty issues that would ALL trace back to crap surplus ammo that has no place in a semi precision rifle.

Not likely as 7.62x39 requires a much larger bolt face than 223 does. In AR15s guns in 7.62x39 are pretty reknown for bolt failure.
That and I don't feel the love for Russian. I feel that we would be setting ourselves up for many alleged warranty issues that would ALL trace back to crap surplus ammo that has no place in a semi precision rifle.

Damn, I was hopeful this.

Isn't an sks in an ATI stock already super tactical??? Lol
besides something accurate, well made, and reliable, what could atrs even bring to the game? Haha
Who is gonna spend 3k on a rifle to shoot garbage ammunition from? And 7.62x39 quality rounds aren't cheap.
223 is good 4 me!

Make a super tactical 7.62x39 or 22lr!

besides something accurate, well made, and reliable, what could atrs even bring to the game? Haha
Who is gonna spend 3k on a rifle to shoot garbage ammunition from? And 7.62x39 quality rounds aren't cheap.
223 is good 4 me!

If I shoot 20 cent ammo instead of 40 cent ammo the $3500 is paid for in 17,500 rounds.

I get better accuracy with my Sks-D and non corrosive ammo than I do from my T97.

223 is good 4 me!

223 is expensive though. I consider 50cents/round pretty expensive.

Back
Top Bottom