New Range Ventilation is Finally Coming! Closure notice!

Target Sports Canada

Contributing Business Member
Business Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
RANGE CLOSURE NOTICE- HVAC UPGRADE

For the week of July 20th- July 24th

Range A Open July 25th and 26th

Both ranges closed July 27th & 28th

We are sorry for the inconvenience as we are upgarding our ventilation system,

The retail area will be open from 10am- 9pm

Thank you in advance.

TSC management

Last edited:
RANGE CLOSURE NOTICE- HVAC UPGRADE

For the week of July 20th- July 24th

We are sorry for the inconvenience as we are upgarding our ventilation system,

The retail area will be open from 10am- 9pm

Thank you in advance.

TSC management

its-happening.gif

J.R., what do the ventilation upgrades consist of, exactly? Is it the whole HVAC system (so A/C inside on hot days) or just the vents to extract the fumes from the ranges?

Its an entirely new system. Designed by Engineered Air.

Its not a recirculating system as they are suspect and once contaminated, never the same....

Clean, filtered air in, moving approx 80 fps over the shooters and sucked out in a couple of places down range, filtered and blown outside.

We are putting in a system that heats and cools... :)

Cost per side; approx $100k

JR

Its not a recirculating system as they are suspect and once contaminated, never the same....

Clean, filtered air in, moving approx 80 fps over the shooters and sucked out in a couple of places down range, filtered and blown outside.

JR

Sweet - so it will add about another 80 fps to my muzzle velocity. ;)

Looking forward to shooting in a nice, cool environment - thanks!

IMG_20150722_111802.jpg

IMG_20150722_111748.jpg

IMG_20150722_111845.jpg

HVAC installation is well underway, however, the promised dates of the work to be completed will have to be pushed back. Expected for Monday the 27th for both ranges to be fully open.

- Shervin

WOW very nice! If i was anywhere near there i would def start shooting indoors again. The indoor range here in Ottawa should be looking at this for sure, i bet this is a big investment on your part.
Great job for keeping your members healthy.

Not to speak on TSC's behalf, but I was just there a couple days ago for the new CLSC and Fern said Range B is still the only one you can shoot 5.56 / slug's on.

Well I was there a week ago, I was on range B shooting 5.56, then a range officer came in and told me that range B was booked for IPSC practice so I had to finish up and move to range A. I said "but Im shooting 5.56" when I got to the range A another range officer was in there shooting 5.56 with a walk in group and I asked if I could finish off my last few mags in there too...And the answer is yes, me and others were aloud to finish up the night with 5.56 in range A

I dont know about legal stuff but if I assume correctly, both sides have been renovated the same in terms of back stop. And from what I have been told they are considered one range either way A or B have the same approvals. In the eye of the CFO its all one range

For that reason I would think the choice to run 5.56 on one side currently is a choice by the range itself, so Im asking are they going to allow 5.56 on range A for Sat? If not I'll just bring my pistols and pistol caliber SBR....

JR

Wow, air moving 80 fps over the shooters?
That would be like standing in a 88 km per hour wind coming from your back.
Are you sure that it's not 8 fps?, that would be more in line of what is required for proper range ventilation.
Just asking.

Back
Top Bottom