Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141517 ... LastLast

Thread: Steyr Scout Stainless Steel Canadian .308Win

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brian46's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by caramel View Post
    I agree as an option but never was standard, both my Scouts came with the direct trigger, i did try to buy one with a set trigger, no cigars i would had to do a special order... JP.
    That more has to do with the retailer/distributor and what they stock/think will sell in north america rather than what is available from factory. I recently had this problem (again) with a Tikka as the distributor refuses to bring in the set trigger versions because they claim there is no demand, even refused a pre paid order for something the factory produces and has a part number for.
    i called Steyr and they told me that Jeff Cooper while bullding the Scout wanted a non set trigger of 35 to 40 ounces as standard Scout configuration,
    read the manual, the direct trigger in not user adjustable and cautions against you doing so.
    If it's either loud, obnoxious, fast, hated by the general population or any combination of these, I OWN IT!!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Harry Callahan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian46 View Post
    It is an option and always has been, their own website confirms this.

http://www.steyrarms.com/products/hunting-rifles/scout/

This comes from the Steyr US site... They woudn't explain that the Scout as the possibility to be retrofitted with the set trigger w/o saying that it does not come out of the assembly line like that. It's not impossible to find one NIB for sale stateside with the set trigger but, as I just said, it didn't come from the assembly line like that, it was retrofitted with it before leaving the shop.

"If A is success in life, then A equals x plus y plus z. Work is x; y is play; and z is keeping your mouth shut."

- Albert Einstein, Observer, Jan. 15, 1950

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Callahan View Post
    This comes from the Steyr US site... They woudn't explain that the Scout as the possibility to be retrofitted with the set trigger w/o saying that it does not come out of the assembly line like that. It's not impossible to find one NIB for sale stateside with the set trigger but, as I just said, it didn't come from the assembly line like that, it was retrofitted with it before leaving the shop.
    The rifles in this sale are from USA or we would see the raw hammer forging on the barrel like all the austrian raw stainless barrels and other austrian markings like are present on regular scouts
    If it's either loud, obnoxious, fast, hated by the general population or any combination of these, I OWN IT!!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer caramel's Avatar
    I have the set trigger on my Steyr Mannlicher 300 mag/375 H&H Luxus and while being at 10 ounces on the set, on regular trigger pull is around 3.5 pounds, a bit heavy to my taste... JP.

Quote Originally Posted by caramel View Post
    I have the set trigger on my Steyr Mannlicher 300 mag/375 H&H Luxus and while being at 10 ounces on the set, on regular trigger pull is around 3.5 pounds, a bit heavy to my taste... JP.
    where is the need to use the regular trigger pull when you have a set? setting it becomes second nature and is done while you are shouldering the rifle taking no extra time to line up the shot or fiddle.

The benefits of having a set trigger for making shots on moving game is invaluable IMO but I can see where it could create problems for people who have not spent time using/practicing with them to garner the full potential they have.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer mebiuspower's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Callahan View Post
    The Scout comes with the direct trigger witch is not user adjustable.
    They don't recommend "users" to adjust it but it's certainly adjustable.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer caramel's Avatar
    They are adjustable, i did both mine to 34 ounces, you just have to take your time and be attentive... JP.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian46 View Post
    The rifles in this sale are from USA or we would see the raw hammer forging on the barrel like all the austrian raw stainless barrels and other austrian markings like are present on regular scouts
    I didn't say that those specific rifles came from Europe. I didn't had a chance to handle one of these yet, I will get one within a week tho!

"If A is success in life, then A equals x plus y plus z. Work is x; y is play; and z is keeping your mouth shut."

Quote Originally Posted by mebiuspower View Post
    They don't recommend "users" to adjust it but it's certainly adjustable.
    My bad, it's adjustable but novice user shoudn't touch it.

Is this a sub MOA rifle?