Some Teasers

alberta tactical rifle

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Business Member
Rating - 100%
114   0   1
For those awaiting updates on our Modern Varmint Rifle, so photos of what it will look like.
Please note, I know the upper has not been blasted and the lower has been and it is not anodized black as they will be when in final form. Nor are the steel parts nitrided yet as they will be, but I figured why not share with the world what we are feverishly working on in its basic form?

We have finally been able to establish base model pricing at $3200.00. As soon as we have the FRT report we will upload the order sheet on our website and start to take orders.

IMG_4215_DxO_zpsyndzwqan.jpg

IMG_4216_DxO_zpskbpp118b.jpg

We will post better photos of a fully blasted upper and lower when we get a moment.

I really wish you could do this at a $1000 price point...

You know... so every gun owner could afford one.....

On that note.... payment plan?

Just so we are clear.. I am joking...

Last edited:
I really wish you could do this at a $1000 price point...

You know... so every gun owner could afford one.....

On that note.... payment plan?

Well if we cut every corner on quality, did not pay employees and were given the parts and materials, we probably could get to the price point you want.
We don't want to build crap, there is plenty of that already. Strangely the crew here likes to eat and live indoors on their own rather than at homeless shelters, and our suppliers demand payment for materials and parts. This does not even touch on the daily costs of the building, insurance or machine costs.

Also given the minuscule market that Canada is when it comes to firearms there is no economies of scale to be had. IF we could tap into even the US market the price could be less simply based on the numbers being sold, but in order to increase the numbers we would have to spend a few million dollars more for more machines. This last week alone I spent nearly 1/4 million dollars on 1 new CNC milling machine and tooling.

so just saying here, when you guys originally came up with this idea you had kinda figured it would be a lot less then the hunter model because there was a little more access to .223 stuff. Thats basically the starting point for the hunter version. I thought this thing was going to come in around the $2200-$2500 base point and then a guy ads on from there.

For those awaiting updates on our Modern Varmint Rifle, so photos of what it will look like.
Please note, I know the upper has not been blasted and the lower has been and it is not anodized black as they will be when in final form. Nor are the steel parts nitrided yet as they will be, but I figured why not share with the world what we are feverishly working on in its basic form?

We have finally been able to establish base model pricing at $3200.00. As soon as we have the FRT report we will upload the order sheet on our website and start to take orders.
Any idea on weight yet?

I am interested if you make it in 30 Remington AR and comes in at 7lbs or less

Well if we cut every corner on quality, did not pay employees and were given the parts and materials, we probably could get to the price point you want.
We don't want to build crap, there is plenty of that already. Strangely the crew here likes to eat and live indoors on their own rather than at homeless shelters, and our suppliers demand payment for materials and parts. This does not even touch on the daily costs of the building, insurance or machine costs.

Also given the minuscule market that Canada is when it comes to firearms there is no economies of scale to be had. IF we could tap into even the US market the price could be less simply based on the numbers being sold, but in order to increase the numbers we would have to spend a few million dollars more for more machines. This last week alone I spent nearly 1/4 million dollars on 1 new CNC milling machine and tooling.

No offence intended to the fine folks at ATRS,

I do understand a lot of what went into this, and you have my whole hearted thanks for the work you do.

My comment was a bit sarcastic, and more about how every gun owner in Canada should have one....

I do plan on trying to afford one of these, I just don't know how yet.

Are those 2 screws holding the upper to the lower near the stock?
Is that the final product or will those screws be replaced with pins?

Are those 2 screws holding the upper to the lower near the stock?
Is that the final product or will those screws be replaced with pins?

Those screws hold on the side plate to hold the side charging handle in place, the lower attaches to the upper with the front takedown pin, and then it slides back into the lower. A pin/lug in the upper goes strait back into a hole in the lower.

i wish i could convince my ceo for you guys to use our plant for 1 day a week, we already have controlled goods certificates. we even have an ultrasonic inspection unit and auto layups if you want to do carbon fiber

Weird question.. Not that I don't like our country, but can you not put the word "Canada" on it? It doesnt really add to its value. I'm fine with your company name on it, (But definately prefer just ATRS if possible).

Just suggestions for the coolness factor. Nobody needs reminding if which country we're in :p

By the way, are firing pins, extractor interchangable?

I will buy one that is sure but for now my darn FNAR is so precise, i cant justify it, but like ever, if i am thinking about it i will buy it, i am just an addict with no control... JP.

hmmmm $2800 for a NR ACR ..... or $3200 for a NR Modern Varminter ...... that will be a tough decision when the day comes. Keep on CNC'ing ! excited to see the end product!

I'm thinking that at $3200, is a little steep, for a base modle. I will really have to think long and hard about this.

Steep based on what? You're getting in-house receivers made in Canada, match barrel/trigger in a small batch platform. The reality is new designs cost money for the manufacturer, a lot of money. I have no intention of purchasing one, however I can respect the efforts being made. $500 more than an XCR, compare the two and let me know which is a nicer rifle. I've owned both an XCR and a MH, I'm a huge fan of the XCR however fit and finish are not even in the same ballpark.

Back
Top Bottom