Marstar where is my m305 hand guard huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Before this hating on Marstar goes super nova I would like to tell all about my experience with a M305 I purchased from Marstar. I had bought a Nork M305 fired all of about 80 rounds through it then it went into the locker for a good long time. Eventually I dragged it out and went back to shooting it, one of the club members (Military wpns tech) had his headspace gauges and checked the gun tell me it was out of headspace. I took it to Jason at Gunco and he confirmed it was incorrect. Knowing the gun was out of warranty I called Marstar to see what they could do. I informed John I had bought the rifle about five years prior and knew it was WAY out of warranty and told him the serial number, a day or so later he informed me they had not sold me the gun. I was adamant I had bought the gun from them so they rechecked and sure enough it was SEVEN years prior I had bought it !! John had me send the rifle to them, they checked it and made a full refund, on a rifle bought SEVEN freaking years prior !!
It blew my mind that Marstar stood behind their product and service to the degree they did, John/Marstar would have been WELL within their rights to blow me off but they certainly went the distance for me and for that I respect them.

Thank you for the support. It is interesting to note , that although your experience is typical of our customer service, very few people, like yourself, take the time to inform others of the resolution of their complaint....
Much more fun to simply ##### and complain.
Your support is appreciated
John

WoW

Marstar and John went well out of their way (and above and beyond) to help me out with a problem that was the fault of the manufacturer not putting
the required instructions into the package.

Not only did the issue get resolved I had a great time dealing with them and the experience was a win - win.

I just wish I had the chance to buy more from them more often.

Wow, lighten up dude, I don,t think John is the one coming off as the Idiot in this thread.

I don't mind being yelled at, but at least learn to spell the word "business"
You do prove my point, no personal knowledge, no personal experience with us, but you do have an expert opinion.
Am I an idiot, well after 32 years in this business even I have to wonder.
Now take a deep breath, a Valium or or two, relax, it is a nice place you are in
John

Ugggh the generation where people are afraid to pick up a phone and solve issues without going online and sounding like spoiled kids.

John for president.

I also bought an M305 from Marstar quite a few years ago it was a 2007 stamped model. After firing the rifle I noticed the stock was cracked at the tang I called and they said to ship it back and they would send a new rifle to me. As the rifle I had was a great shooter I asked if they could just replace the stock. I was told no problem and a replacement stock arrived a few days later.
I sure as hell can't complain about my experience with Marstar and I'll certainly deal with them again.

I called after 5 mins when I opened it up the guy said "It is impossible bla bla bla" OK what do you want me to do, I can't show him the rifle over the phone can't I? If you guys don't believe me that's fine.

Did you bother to call us, its toll free, rather you chose to go to a public forum, I'm certain all the experts here will chime in to ##### all about the losy service at Marstar.
John

I called after 5 mins when I opened it up the guy said "It is impossible bla bla bla" OK what do you want me to do, I can't show him the rifle over the phone can't I? If you guys don't believe me that's fine.

popcorn_seinfeld.gif

OP, I can understand your frustration, you did the right thing by calling first, then follow up with an e-mail. When you came back, you e-mailed again for a follow-up, again excellent.......but I probably would have called one more time before posting here. A lot of these mom and pop shops aren't up to speed with e-mail and e-commerce, I probably would have given them one more chance with the phone and asked what the hold up was and if the result was still unsatisfactory, I would definitely have posted here.

After working retail and customer service for 15 years (thank god I'm not doing that anymore), I am of the personal opinion that the "customer is always right" is a huge steaming pile of BS. That being said, I think johntwo did what was best for the business (Marstar): Put out the fire, ignore the negative comments and move on. This is a text-book response to a distressed/difficult client:

Markzdb

I will send your hand-guard out today

sorry for the confusion

next time just give us a call, we could have resolved this a lot quicker

These comments on the other hand.....well, not so much, lol!

NO KIDDING
John

Did you bother to call us, its toll free, rather you chose to go to a public forum, I'm certain all the experts here will chime in to ##### all about the losy service at Marstar.
John

A man who understands....
John

We screwed up, all you had to do is call back, it is FREE....
John

Here we go, another unqualified, unsubstantiated, statement.... How about it your order number etc ??

John

Ladies and gentlemen, the dumb statement of the week goes to ....
John

ARE you for real ??
John

DID it come from us ? Did you request it be changed if it did ? Or did you keep it for #####ing rights ?
John

It is interesting how one becomes an expert wiout personal knowledge....
John

Thank you for the support. It is interesting to note , that although your experience is typical of our customer service, very few people, like yourself, take the time to inform others of the resolution of their complaint....
Much more fun to simply ##### and complain.
Your support is appreciated
John

I don't mind being yelled at, but at least learn to spell the word "business"
You do prove my point, no personal knowledge, no personal experience with us, but you do have an expert opinion.
Am I an idiot, well after 32 years in this business even I have to wonder.
Now take a deep breath, a Valium or or two, relax, it is a nice place you are in
John

Far too simple, radical....
John

johnone, I'm guessing you're the owner of Marstar? You're probably an excellent businessman, I've seen that Marstar has been around for a while so you must be doing something right, but just stay in the background and stay off the interwebz, haha! It's like watching two neighbors who had their fence vandalized with graffiti. One neighbor chooses to paint over the mess quietly, the other neighbor is standing in the middle of the street yelling at the culprit who's long gone.

But it's your business, your dealer forum, therefore your playground. Perhaps your staff are hesitant to tell you themselves, but your behavior online will eventually effect sales in this day and age....and for God's sakes, there's no need to bold every single letter in your post, lol!

John

If you bothered to read his original post you would see that the first thing he did was call marstar.... Only to be told he was a liar...
At this point he emailed pictures as proof and did not recieve a response. Then he emailed again to follow up.
The customer did his part to try to resolve this issue privately.

The failings of your team led to this. Don't try to blame the customer.

OP, I can understand your frustration, you did the right thing by calling first, then follow up with an e-mail. When you came back, you e-mailed again for a follow-up, again excellent.......but I probably would have called one more time before posting here. A lot of these mom and pop shops aren't up to speed with e-mail and e-commerce, I probably would have given them one more chance with the phone and asked what the hold up was and if the result was still unsatisfactory, I would definitely have posted here.

After working retail and customer service for 15 years (thank god I'm not doing that anymore), I am of the personal opinion that the "customer is always right" is a huge steaming pile of BS. That being said, I think johntwo did what was best for the business (Marstar): Put out the fire, ignore the negative comments and move on. This is a text-book response to a distressed/difficult client:

These comments on the other hand.....well, not so much, lol!

johnone, I'm guessing you're the owner of Marstar? You're probably an excellent businessman, I've seen that Marstar has been around for a while so you must be doing something right, but just stay in the background and stay off the interwebz, haha! It's like watching two neighbors who had their fence vandalized with graffiti. One neighbor chooses to paint over the mess quietly, the other neighbor is standing in the middle of the street yelling at the culprit who's long gone.

But it's your business, your dealer forum, therefore your playground. Perhaps your staff are hesitant to tell you themselves, but your behavior online will eventually effect sales in this day and age....and for God's sakes, there's no need to bold every single letter in your post, lol!

Yes I did order some guns from mom and pop shops like P & G GUNS I know how they run their business so far no problem. This post is not about THE handguard, no big deal and I don't really care, I can go buy a USGI handguard and paint it to black if I want to, it is about how they treated me at the first time when I called them. That really set me off, this is the reason why I don't want to deal with them over the phone AGAIN. Anyways thanks for your comment.

Marstar has always been very helpfull with anything and everything I've ordered. I don't understand how people can get on this site and complain about a dealer, that does their very best to ensure the Canadian shooting community has access to things that the politicians are doing their best to deny us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom