Customer review of Tenda.

The trick is to call and ask about where your order is. The orders I placed I did exactly that and they magically shipped the day I called...

This is ridiculous. Why should a customer have to call to remind them to ship you the order you already paid for?!!!??!!!

A couple of weeks ago I placed an order, over $300 worth to take advantage of free shipping. I paid and was e-mailed a receipt. This was in the morning. Two days later I received another e-mail with a tracking number, indicating that a label had been created. Nothing more. I monitored CanPar's tracking and nothing about estimated delivery. Only that a shipping label had been created. I was away for a few days. When I got back, still nothing. Eight (8) days after I placed the order, I called them and spoke to a very nice woman on the phone. She said they had not shipped it yet but that they would ship it that afternoon. I cancelled the ordered. The gal was great about it. Apologetic. But based on your comments and my experience, I won't be purchasing from them again.

I've bought a couple of rifles from them recently and I have nothing but good things to say about them. They'll see future business from me again for sure.

I'm generally happy with the prices and courtesy I get while in-store.

Their website needs better security - a login should timeout after some period of non-activity.

I’ve made a lot of purchases of ammo and firearms from them and they all went smoothly, but my last purchase did not go smoothly. I noticed a certain firearm I wasted was in stock and good a good price, called the store to make sure it was in stock, was told that it was and will be shipped out later that day or the next day at the latest. Called 2 days after as I haven’t recieved the tracking number by email and I wanted to confirm it was shipped. Was informed that the firearm was NOT in stock and will be arriving in the follow week at the earliest. Got the shotgun roughly a week and a half after I made the purchase. Won’t stop me from buying from them in the future but definitely not impressed.

Well I sure hope they don’t take 12 days to ship my order that I placed a couple days ago, I won’t be too impressed as the new gun I ordered it for shipped the next day and I don’t have any other ammo for it, and I would like to have it to break in the barrel and sight it in.

When I did order not sure if there was a glitch or they updated stock right after but I wanted 10 boxes of a cheaper brand and 10 of match in what I was getting, could only add 5 of the match so figured was out of stock, so I went to another site that had it but more money and ordered the other 5. Later that day was looking again while a buddy was over showing him where I ordered from and it showed I could order more like it was in stock again, so not sure if bad timing or a glitch, I guess the bright side the other vendor did ship the next day.

Well Decided to add some more ammo to my order to take advantage of the free shipping even if they ended up being slow, worst case I'd have my CC deal with it if a ridiculous amount of time passes.

Anyway went to add more of the previous ammo I bought but only 2 available total of 12 with my order 2 days previous, and the other brand that was out last time I added 10 more of it that now seemed in stock, order went through. I then called to see if it would all ship together, guy on the other end checks my order numbers and runs to the back to see if my other stuff had shipped or not, comes back and informs me they only have 7 boxes of the ammo I ordered 10 of 2 days ago and another 2 today????? So they didn't even have the ammo to cover my 2 day old order let alone the web site letting me order another 2 boxes today.

Well guy told me the rest would all go out today for sure and the last 5 boxes would ship soon as they got them, they were excepting the shipment shortly, got a tracking number but thus far does not work.

Anyway I'll update on what I all get and what's all missing plus decide how long I'll wait on the other 5 boxes I've already paid for, order update notices I got show everything complete so that has me worried as usually places note if out of stock wasn't shipped and on backorder when you get your invoice.

Everything with my order may very well be fine, but after reading lot's of similar problems I wanted to post my experience for others as I don't like this much run around and confusion when dealing with an order over $1800

*Update: Tracking now works and shows just picked up, so hopefully everything is fine with the first shipment and the second with out of stock happens in a reasonable amount of time, but even then they definitely need to do something about their website real time system.

Last edited:
Well received all of my last order so all good, placed another order of ammo, shipping label was created two days ago waiting for it to ship, so far no problems here knock on wood, will continue to use Tenda until otherwise.

At last, got to my first disappointment case with Tenda ...

Two orders, one including 1000 124GR CCI ammo and another placed a couple days later with 1000 UMC 147GR ammo (30 bucks + tax more expensive)
were sent out in one shipment (3 packages) ..

Was packing for a range visit and planning to use 147GR, unwrapped packages - turned out, they were contained double of CCI 124GR ammo ... and no UMC ...

Sent a note to Tenda with photos, waiting for the response ...

At last, got to my first disappointment case with Tenda ...
Two orders, one including 1000 124GR CCI ammo and another placed a couple days later with 1000 UMC 147GR ammo (30 bucks + tax more expensive)
were sent out in one shipment (3 packages) ..
Was packing for a range visit and planning to use 147GR, unwrapped packages - turned out, they were contained double of CCI 124GR ammo ... and no UMC ...
Sent a note to Tenda with photos, waiting for the response ...

Got a response from Tenda to look inside ...
MY OWN FAULT ...
I didn't want to fully open the boxes and both appeared to be factory sealed ..
Opened one of them - and voila - it's full of UMC 147GR boxes ..

Wow, so embarrassing...

Thanks, Tenda ... as always will be ordering my ammo from you ...

SO i ordered a lock and load AP press and a primmer flipper 223 die on July 20. I received my Lock and Lock ap press on aug 4. My primer flipper showed up today aug 28, and i still have not received my 223 dies..
i have phoned multiple times and i always hear the same thing.. "its coming, its coming", also all of the items i ordered were instock on there website. side note, i live in a major city. not in the bushes.

Great job Tenda, last time i order anything from you.

I had problems with 4 orders from them. 1) i order a Glock 21 and i received a call 2 days after that they oversold and won’t be getting one. 2) I order a Dillon xl650 in .45, 10 days laters it’s not been shipped yet. I called, they don’t have it in stock and they ordered it from the distributor. I needed it fast so i changed the order to a xl650 in 9mm + a conversion kit in .45. 3) i order reloading stuff and dillon parts. I received my order but a toolhead was missing. They wrote on the receipt, backorder will ship later.
4) i ordered a glock holster and a glock mag pouch with other things. I received a shipping confirmation, than the day after that i receive a partial refund without explanation. The order arrived the next day, the holster was missing. If they would have advised me that the holster was missing, i would have cancelled the matching mag pouch. Contacted them by mail about this, i can send back the mag pouch at my expense or order the holster when it will be back in stock but i’ll have to pay to have it ship. It would be way better to call or e-mail the customer when this type of things happen.

I can say that my experience with Tenda it has been very positive. They are quick to respond to online orders and fast to ship. My problem is not so much with Tenda, as it is with Canpar.
Sorry for the derail, but I think this is directly related. Seems that Canpar picked my ammunition order, and then used Canada Post for delivery. I see a couple of problems with this...As the shipment was supposed to be via courier, I indicated my physical address for delivery. When the parcel arrived at my local post office, they had to guess, as my box number is not on the packing slip. Luckily, the folk know me there, and corrected the slip. While all this is going on, I’m trying to navigate through Canpars website, looking for my order. Canpar should have notified both Tenda and myself of the change. Canpar should also know better than to MAIL ammunition.
Sorry for the rant. Will still buy from Tenda, but will confirm shipping methods over the phone next time.
CranePete

My wife purchased a CZ Shadow 2 and a case of PMC ammo online Oct 31. Nov 4 I received an email with their pre Black Friday sale discount codes. CZ 15%. Even though they raised their prices to, I assume msrp, we would have saved $60 on the gun and $20 on the ammo. The gun didn't ship until Nov 2 and it arrived at the Canpar depot Nov 7. We haven't even picked it up yet, haven't had time.

Today, Nov 9 I phoned to inquire about getting a refund or store credit for the $80. After going around a few times they are standing hard on their no refunds or exchanges after 7 days. I just asked for a store credit on the sale difference and would have used it on a Dan Wesson PM-9 that they had in stock.

I understand a business interprets their policies as they see fit, but considering what we have spent there in the last year it left a bit of a sour taste in my mouth.

I can say that I have had no previous issues buying from Tenda in the past, this buying before the sale has happened to me a couple times but was not worth the hassle pursuing.

I guess everyone has their threshold that they say oh well, missed the sale, $80 and the circumstances were over mine.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom