Customer review of Tenda.

I've had a couple of orders with Tenda recently. One was flawless and impressively fast. The other was a split order that was supposed to be sent in two shipments but I think the second ended up getting overlooked, which (while not what I prefer) is entirely understandable given the recent flood of orders nationally. I messaged them here and they responded quickly, found the problem, and within a couple of days my order was completed. I'm a honest critic of bad customer service and I DO NOT regard this as a bad experience. In fact, the real measure of the customer service of a business is how well (or poorly) they handle problems. Tenda did a great job and even followed up to make sure I did in fact get my order. Very well done. Recommended!

I like Tenda. I read the reviews and they are somewhat correct. I know it will take some time to get my order which is fine by me since I am saving a considerable amount of money. I always chose free shipping manually when my order is above $300 and add insurance which is around $1 per $100.

Their web site is not very good if you are searching something. Here is a tip. Go to google and type in "gotenda" plus what you are searching for.

Tenda is kind of tricky with this. At the checkout you have to choose free shipping instead of the UPS flat rate that is selected by default. It's not super obvious at first but they always "try" to charge you for shipping.
Not true. They told me they primarily use UPS but some regions don’t have direct delivery by UPS, it’s a third party company that may refute firearms or ammo ( like my area) so they contact me and decide to use another option like Purolator and ask if a small surcharge can be paid to cover.
So… because of my areas delivery options I can’t get the free shipping option, or it would be free amongst that UPS delivery method.

I have absolutely no problems with Tenda. It might be slow at times but I always get a response and they always treat me with the respect I treat them with.

Not true. They told me they primarily use UPS but some regions don’t have direct delivery by UPS, it’s a third party company that may refute firearms or ammo ( like my area) so they contact me and decide to use another option like Purolator and ask if a small surcharge can be paid to cover.
So… because of my areas delivery options I can’t get the free shipping option, or it would be free amongst that UPS delivery method.

This is how it works where I live (Lower Mainland, BC). When you place an order you are given a UPS flat rate (paid) option which is pre-selected or you can choose free shipping (which is UPS anyway). My point was that they don't default to free shipping and you have to choose it. Thanks for pointing out that this is different for areas that are not served by UPS directly.

I like Tenda. I read the reviews and they are somewhat correct. I know it will take some time to get my order which is fine by me since I am saving a considerable amount of money. I always chose free shipping manually when my order is above $300 and add insurance which is around $1 per $100.

Their web site is not very good if you are searching something. Here is a tip. Go to google and type in "gotenda" plus what you are searching for.

Agree with you on this. My experience with Tenda, both in person and ordering online has overall been very good. Their website, however, needs an overhaul, especially the search filters - not sure why the calibers run through numerically twice and same for brands.

I do like their overall selection, especially in ammo and their prices are very competitive, if not the lowest on many items. If they can get their website more efficient, it will be to their customers' benefit...and theirs too...

Was told today that my cleared restricted order will be 10 days before they can ship. Just a heads up if you plan on ordering. The shipping times on the website are not to be trusted.

Was told today that my cleared restricted order will be 10 days before they can ship. Just a heads up if you plan on ordering. The shipping times on the website are not to be trusted.

Are you surprised lol? The busiest store in Canada is backed up when they're as busy as they've ever been in their history.

Shocked.

You have to appreciate that gun stores have just done a years worth, perhaps and year and a half's worth of business in 2 months time. That compression is going to slow things down.

My transfer paperwork came through over three weeks ago, I confirmed they had it and they said they would ship in 10 days.... but still nothing. I know they are busy but this seems a little excessive.

I am dealing with 4 other vendors with varying levels of service, Tenda were prompt and communicative. The key being communication, once I chatted with Tenda and got issues worked out, all good. Great service.

Last edited:
I love tenda! very good team, also fun fact, if you're at all affiliated with emergency services, fire, ems police, nurse, military theyll give you a discount as well! awesome group

Good service from Tenda. Free shipping and all. You will laugh at this but I just received Chiappa 1873 combo 22lr and 22wmr in good shape and I know its not a collectors item but it would have been nice if the wrapping was not attached to the box with strong tape and also another part of the box had the invoice taped with packing tape. Messed up the printed layer on the factory cardboard box. Try to leave the box pristine for us with OCD! ;)

My initial interaction with Tenda left a sour taste in my mouth- I had just received my RPAL- figured I'd pick up an SKS laminate from them to start off...Paid...agreed to the shipping charge and tax..Didnt hear from them for like a week..I emailed to see what's goin on, and they forgot to tell me my order was subjected to an 'oversized fee' for shipping. They wanted more $$!! I said No thanks and cancelled my order...

I reluctantly placed an order for a pistol during the announcement...we'll see when that finally clears the CFO office...

I recently purchased some USP9 mags...they were delivered to my house within like 5 business days lol.

So that being said, accessories, they seem bang on, firearms...ehhhhh....we'll see lol

-OSS

Back
Top Bottom