Page 19 of 57 FirstFirst ... 911121314151617181920212223242526272939 ... LastLast

Thread: Bill S-223

Quote Originally Posted by walleyed99 View Post
    E mail sent to all sitting senators, will follow up with snail mail as well!
    Way to go. We should keep the emails/letters going. They should be aware that crazy legislation like this will cause an uproar.

Sent an email to every single listed senator individually.
    Dear Honourable Senator.

As a respected, law-abiding and responsible firearm owner I felt it my responsibility to write with my concerns regarding Bill S-223.

The content and legal implications of this bill are absolutely ridiculous, and it must be stopped. This bill will only serve to cause hardship, frustration, and problems for law-abiding firearm owners, hunters, aboriginals, and target shooters. It will not deter criminals and will do nothing to enhance public safety. Current firearms laws are sufficient in the opinion of knowledgeable firearms legal experts as witnessed by the continued decline each year of crime and firearms-related deaths—even with the abolished long gun registry.

Bill S-223 has so many unrealistic proposals contained in it such as, the storage of "circumscribed" ( currently known as restricted and prohibited firearms ) at a range or approved place instead of the registered owner’s home. Imagine putting large numbers of firearms in one storage location which is known to everyone—including criminals. It’s a disaster waiting to happen, a perfect opportunity for thieves who hunger for guns. Nothing in this bill keeps firearms out of the hands of criminals and may actually increase the risk of theft from the centralized storage depots. Why are law abiding citizens being targeted instead of the criminals this bill purports to ?Where would these storage depots be ? Who would be responsible for their security ? What about those firearms owners in rural locations ? Indigenous people's in the far north who rely upon these firearms to simply survive ? The reality is it's an ill-conceived bill that does nothing at all to prevent criminals from accessing firearms, it only serves to burden law abiding firearms owners

.The costs of implementing this bill would be enormous because there currently do not exist any facilities in Canada that could safely store and secure the many millions of firearms that are affected. Every legally-registered firearm owner has already paid to install safes, alarms, and monitoring services in their own homes—so why does this storage need to be centralized at tremendous additional cost with no discernible benefit? In addition, an entire new cadre of civil workers would need to be trained and financed to provide the transport services required by this bill.

Many firearms owners have a substantial investment tied up in their collection and some of these firearms, which are non-restricted at present, would be reclassified or their use limited under this proposed bill. It would be unconstitutional to take Canadians’ property and/or deprive them of the free use of their property.

As stated above our current regulations require the possession of a PAL / RPAL licence, safety training, strict storage policies and transport restrictions. An individual wishing to purchase a firearm or even ammunition for that matter is required to present their PAL / RPAL. If they do not have one neither of these items can be purchased. Law abiding firearms owner already have stringent guidelines in place but to no one's surprise criminals do not follow these policies, never have and never will thus the criminal designation. The money that would be wasted implementing this bill would be better spent on fighting the criminal element, stiffer penalties for crimes committed with firearms ( 20 years minimum ) and providing more funding to RCMP / Police agencies to combat crime. I am sure each and every one of you realize this.

According to recent numbers, there are 2 million gun owners in Canada that own an estimated 10 million firearms. The numbers that are available on the governments own website and show the amount of gun crime are U.S. statistics and completely misleading and wrong. I urge you all to have those statistics removed. 2 million firearms owners will not stand for what we consider ongoing harassment by elected officials. They are there to serve us, not us them. There are a lot of firearms owners I've talked with that are scared of the continual changes to firearms laws, and have flat out said they won't get my firearms. If we all remember the past sacrifices made by our veterans also remember what one tyrant said... If you want to control a nation, first disarm it's citizens...Adolf Hitler.

In conclusion, Bill S-223 would be a political and legal disaster, an incredible hardship for law-abiding firearms owners, and an onerous financial burden for everyone. It would do nothing to enhance public safety, and instead, actually would make it easier for one-stop shopping by criminals. Please ensure this bill is not passed. Thank you very much for your time and consideration.

CGN frequent flyer
    Remember that snail mailing MP's and senators does not cost postage.

well written ronjon73.....

I am amazed at how word of this is spreading like wildfire.....everybody I have talked to is shocked and angry about this....everyone says the same thing "I jump thru every hoop they throw at me to stay lawful...yet I still am looked at as a criminal, I am finally tired of it....."
    I can see this quickly becoming the "catalyst" that will finally bring all of us "honest, law abiding" ppl together once and for all...

keep up the great work wolverine john

I just sent emails to all the Senators in Saskatchewan, where I live.

You can see your senators here:
    http://www.parl.gc.ca/SenatorsBio/de...d=P&Language=E

Click on their name to see their email address.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Patt08's Avatar
    Emails sent to every senator.
    |CCFR|

Provincial is better than nonE, but I urge everybody to send one to everybody if you can.

Quote Originally Posted by slim123 View Post
    well written ronjon73.....

I am amazed at how word of this is spreading like wildfire.....everybody I have talked to is shocked and angry about this....everyone says the same thing "I jump thru every hoop they throw at me to stay lawful...yet I still am looked at as a criminal, I am finally tired of it....."
    I can see this quickly becoming the "catalyst" that will finally bring all of us "honest, law abiding" ppl together once and for all...

keep up the great work wolverine john
    I didn't write the complete thing, I'm not that articulate. I took bits and pieces from here and added some of my own

Just try and enforce those bogus laws...

2000000 people stay home sick for one day. That translates to about 200,000,000 if you figure each person takes home 100 dollars gross.

So if we figure the governments cut is 15% that would be like holding back 30 million in taxes, I realize it's not a huge deal but it would not go unnoticed.

Thoughts?