BERETTA 92s pistols

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes but if you are returning a restricted firearm that you are not satisfied with to a business that holds a license don't they usually take care of the ownership transfer?

If you are selling a firearm you still need an ATT to take it to a post office.

If you are returning a firearm to a business via post you still need an ATT to travel to the post office.

Those situations are not covered by the att conditions in C42.

Even if the business transfers the registration to their name, you need an ATT to get it from your house to the postal outlet.

I have never done a transfer to a dealer but I would be highly suspect of a system in which only one party is legally able to transfer the ownership information (not the ACTUAL ownership...) of registered property without the registered owner's involvement.

Your friendly unethical store clerk could conceivably make fake transfers and gum up the whole system. Think Mr Robot or Fight Club but gun registry info

FF

I have never done a transfer to a dealer but I would be highly suspect of a system in which only one party is legally able to transfer the ownership information (not the ACTUAL ownership...) of registered property without the registered owner's involvement.

Your friendly unethical store clerk could conceivably make fake transfers and gum up the whole system. Think Mr Robot or Fight Club but gun registry info

FF

Happens every time someone buys a restricted from a store. Store provides the cfo with both seller and their own info. Seller never calls in.

So the CFO office actually told me this... Say you are sending your restricted item for warranty repair, and it's registered to you... You can definitely take it to the post office without having to call in for a separate ATT... I know this because I was in this situation..

You can pick it up from where you acquire it (ie the post office). You can not take it back to the post office. Read the actual legal info taken directly from the law as posted above.

You can take it from... not to and from, the post office when you acquire it.

This is what your "automatic" ATT rolled into your PAL covers. If it isn't here, like taking a gun TO the post office, then you need another ATT.

I had a very similar situation and the bc CFO said i didnt need to get ATT to take it to post office as i was returning a handgun i wasnt happy with. Different CFO's might say different things though

Because the advice the cfo office admins give is always right. The cfo won't be standing up for anyone in court with the advice they gave over the phone.

I've quoted the actual wording of the law. That's what the law actually is. Good luck.

The only reason you need a separate ATT.. Is when you have sold a restricted firearm and now it's not it your name... So Therefore you have to obtain an ATT... If it's registered to you and you are sending it for repair or something, you DoNOT need a separate ATT..

John will be here shortly to set you guys straight, and to clarify any unanswered questions.
Hold tight...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom