Sale on Hirtenberger 7.62x51 (308 Win) Surplus ammo, Early 80's Boxer Primed!!!

aacollectible

Regular
Business Member
"2 x 720rd Crates of Hirtenberger 7.62x51FMJ(.308 Win) Surplus Ammunition. Austrian Military. Early 1980's production, brass cased, boxer primed, non-corrosive. Packed 20rds per box, 240rds per battle pack, 720rds per case. Get FREE SHIPPING (a few exceptions may apply)"

Excuse me for nit-picking, or possibly not knowing how to properly identify the two types of brass and the packaging they came in,
but I bought some of this previously and was under the impression that the crates with the 3 X 240 rd cardboard battle packs (with the orange/red stripe) were the Berdan primed ones, and that the more recent stuff offered a while ago, which came in twin 360 rd battle packs, each sealed in green rubber inside the wood crate, was the Boxer primed stuff.
Is this a batch where the packaging has changed for the Boxer primed stuff? Or is there no rhyme or reason as to how the 2 types are packaged? Just curious.

It's my favorite ammo in many 308, very accurate in my AR-10 and it will print an easy 1.25 MOA with my Scout Steyr of the bags, i did stack it high when they were first available, all of mine are Hirt 74 Berdan prime... JP.

Could anyone provide any dope on how well Hirt ammo works in bolt action rifles? Having trouble locating anything of use with the search function.

I shoot this, plus reloads, out of a Ruger Precision Rifle. It is very fast, but good ammo. Everything I have shot thus far has been the Berdan primed stuff. If memory serves me right, around 2700FPS. It is good for hitting a 2 MOA going out to 500m. To hit a smaller gong, I found it a bit "hit or miss". That said, excellent ammo, just not full blown match quality.

Excuse me for nit-picking, or possibly not knowing how to properly identify the two types of brass and the packaging they came in,
but I bought some of this previously and was under the impression that the crates with the 3 X 240 rd cardboard battle packs (with the orange/red stripe) were the Berdan primed ones, and that the more recent stuff offered a while ago, which came in twin 360 rd battle packs, each sealed in green rubber inside the wood crate, was the Boxer primed stuff.
Is this a batch where the packaging has changed for the Boxer primed stuff? Or is there no rhyme or reason as to how the 2 types are packaged? Just curious.

My understanding of owning both, and someone will probably correct me, is the cases with 3 X 240rnd in them are 1970's production, and therefore, Berdan primed. The 1980's production, where they changed to two 360rnd battle packs (in a polymer/rubber sealed bag) are boxer primed. YMMV.

2 x 720rd Crates of Hirtenberger 7.62x51FMJ(.308 Win) Surplus Ammunition. Austrian Military. Early 1980's production, brass cased, boxer primed, non-corrosive. Packed 20rds per box, 240rds per battle pack, 720rds per case. Get FREE SHIPPING (a few exceptions may apply) $995/1440rds and FREE SHIPPING !!!

https://www.tradeexcanada.com/content/2-x-720rd-crates-hirtenberger-762x51fmj308-win-surplus-ammunition-boxer-primed-free-shipping

The original suppliers price was $575 per 720.

But yes, dropping 1k on a case of ammo hurts.

$1000 for two cases :)
99500 pennies / 1440 rounds = 69.1 cents per round (pre-tax of course)

Ok, in the 308 world it's 2 cases.

In the 7.62x39 world, 720 is only half a case. ;)
If you buy brass, powder, primers, bullets and load your own.... this is still a really good buy.

Back
Top Bottom