CMMG 22LR AR Conversion Kit $369 Spare Mags now available

ARMS EAST

Regular
Business Member
Rating - 95.7%
20   1   2
Back In Stock! - CMMG .22LR AR15 Conversion Kit. 3x 25rnd Mags. Only $369

CMMG 22LR Conversion Kits make it possible to shoot .22 Long Rifle ammunition out of an AR-15 rifle that is originally chambered in 5.56x45mm NATO/.223 Remington. CMMG’s 22LR Conversion Kit takes just seconds to install and is as easy as swapping the bolt carrier group for the 22LR Conversion Kit. The conversion kit operates on the blowback principle and is similar to other popular semi-automatic rifles. They do not utilize the impingement tube or piston to function – but they are piston compatible.

Last edited:
How accurate are these, as I assume it uses the 223/5.56 barrel to fire out of. Does it lose velocity also? Am I missing something?

Standard twist rate for .22lr is 1:16.
So... I wouldn't expect tack driving accuracy out of a 1:9/1:8 .223 pipe

Well, I can say that mine punches out the center at 25m while standing. Don't know about the bench performance, but I'm very happy with it's accuracy out to 50m.

I was wondering about reliability. The YouTube reviews seem mostly positive with some exceptions. Is it ammo brand sensitive like many semi auto .22's?

Old timers I knew have said if you're going to be shooting cast lead 223 or a conversion kit such as this, you will want to fire 5-10 rounds of actual 223/5.56 for every 100 rounds of 22 or the gas tube does tend to get plugged (it isn't used to cycle the bolt but the gas system doesn't just disappear with a lil kit like this). Keeping in mind of course that when you do that, you'll have a chamber full of lead dust. Your mileage may vary.

Received mine today, won't have a chance to shoot it for a week or so though. Lubed it up and test fitted it, everything seems good so far.

Got mine last week. Ran about 400 rds through it. CCI Mini Mags and Winchester 555 bulk. Had one stoppage. Accuracy isn't bad either for what it is. Great little kit. Thanks Arms East!

Back
Top Bottom