BCL 102 in 45 Raptor

Martim

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Any chance the BCL 102 come out in .45 Raptor. anytime soon that's a smoking cartridge it's a 460 Smith & Wesson Magnum with a rebated rim to 308 win. there's a big bore smoking ass cartridge out of an 18in Barrel instead of 8in can you say elephant gun!!

No one would buy it

1 you can't find Ammo
2 you can't find Ammo
3 even if you could find Ammo it would be 3$ or more per round = 60$ / box of 20

Keep dreaming

Any chance the BCL 102 come out in .45 Raptor. anytime soon that's a smoking cartridge it's a 460 Smith & Wesson Magnum with a rebated rim to 308 win. there's a big bore smoking ass cartridge out of an 18in Barrel instead of 8in can you say elephant gun!!

.45 Raptor is an ITAR controlled calibre, and components, reamers, and barrels are prohibited from export from the USA.

I agree it would be very cool. You can use commonly available 460 S&W dies. You can make brass by just cutting off 30-06. Very cheap and easy to reload.

Then you have 65,000 PSI behind a 240gr .45 slug at 2650 FPS, with close to 300 win mag muzzle energy, out of a semi auto.

Last edited:
Before so many other more popular calibers? 6.5CM? 5.56? 300BLK? I mean even 458 SCOCOM is far more popular. 45 Raptor is far too new to put into mass production.

There is always a market for this kind of stuff. It's far less ridiculous and more practical than, for example the dp12 (still cool though haha) 458 socom is a lot of fun and non restricted would be great. Maybe one day.

That won't happen while they can't keep up production of rifle in 308. When retailers actually manage to keep a few units on the shelves instead of selling everything through preorders, then maybe they'll think about new calibres, but until then, it's like printing money for everyone involved.

Before so many other more popular calibers? 6.5CM? 5.56? 300BLK? I mean even 458 SCOCOM is far more popular. 45 Raptor is far too new to put into mass production.

With the exception of the 6.5cm, those are all 223-size cases and would be pointless in an AR10. Also, they said they can't make it in 5.56 because then it would end up being called an AR15 variant.

Now, if we want heavier pills, 358win or 338fed would be good, or 260rem/7mm08 would make for nice options in those after lighter and faster.

I think in time it might be an option eventually, pending longevity/acceptance of the cartridge....but I would expect to see the 6.5CM, .260 Rem etc first. It does look promising, would be the perfect boar smasher.

45 Raptor is on an entirely different level than 458 SOCOM and 45 Bushmaster.

The max you're getting out of the short action calibres is ~2500 ft-lbs. 45 Raptor is 3700 ft-lbs. 50% more energy.

while were at it ....how about BCL come out with a 102 converted to a phased plasma rifle in the 40 watt range?.....308 is frankly waay to available ...and fairly cheap to shoot....so somthing must be wrong with their choice in caliber?

mmmm plasma
homer_drooling_by_dwcjester.jpg

I believe someone floated the idea of .338 Federal. If a complete 102 upper in .338 Federal were offered, I'd certainly be in for one.

I like the .308, and I'm in on the 2nd offered purchase. I got a black one.

I just like the idea of AR10 size platform of multi calibers.

I had asked in the 102 build forum about .45 Raptor, and that idea was shot down.

Being an ITAR regulated product means nothing really, when you have an importer, and the money, it can happen.

I'm pretty new at anything "AR" platform. The BCL 102 was built off the AR 102 platform as far as I am aware, and the premise is that it is NR because it predates the AR 15 platform, as the AR 15 is a scaled down AR 10.

It depends I suppose, how much of the BCL 102 is proprietary vs a standard AR 10 as far as internals etc.

It's not an ITAR "regulated" product. It is prohibited from export by ITAR, because it is considered defense technology.

It is impossible to export legally. Just like US made suppressors. No amount of money can get those across the border. Ask any LEO supplier why they need to get their suppressors from Europe.

Back
Top Bottom