Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Firearms Outlet Canada

I've dealt with FOC for years, and have yet to have a negative vibe in the slightest.
    You dumbfound me.
    Подай набої, є що стріляти. Think Plink!

Uber Super GunNutz
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubba Yugga View Post
    I've dealt with FOC for years, and have yet to have a negative vibe in the slightest.
    You dumbfound me.
    That goes for me as well.

I'm actually surprised by the OP's comments. Completely opposite to my experiences with FOC.

OP, you didn't happen to try to imply to them you were more knowledgeable than you really are???????????? Your comments are go general as to be ??????????????????

FOC are good people.

OP, it has happened to all of us that in some manner or another, maybe the alignment of the stars or the color of our eyes in a particular light, we create a negative impression without the slightest intention of doing so. Maybe you have been blessed by such a situation.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer .30/06 FTW's Avatar
    I’ve had mixed experiences. My first order I asked them to put a label on the package saying to hold for pickup at the Canpar depot. Rather than arguing with me saying you don’t normally do it when every other retailer does it no questions asked why don’t you use the 2 seconds it takes and do it. Other orders were good.

Quote Originally Posted by bearhunter View Post
    That goes for me as well.

I'm actually surprised by the OP's comments. Completely opposite to my experiences with FOC.

OP, you didn't happen to try to imply to them you were more knowledgeable than you really are???????????? Your comments are go general as to be ??????????????????

FOC are good people.

OP, it has happened to all of us that in some manner or another, maybe the alignment of the stars or the color of our eyes in a particular light, we create a negative impression without the slightest intention of doing so. Maybe you have been blessed by such a situation.
    Ok since there's been so much Hubub about details I'll be more clear about what I'm more or less complaining about. For the last 3 times I've dealt with them I've felt that the Customer service has been lacking. I went in on Boxing Day after I was done work. I fully understood that Boxing Day sales are usually pretty hectic and can be quite stressful for all parties. I walked in, patiently stood in line and when it was my turn to be served I stepped up and asked for the item in question. They didn't have any more in stock, no worries because I had already anticipated that answer. It's Boxing Day after all. What I didn't expect was the sales person to just stand there staring blankly at me. I asked if they could order one and I could pick it up when it came in. He said I wouldn't get one at that Boxing Day price. Then he moved on to the next customer and that was that. Double checking their Boxing week ad I did not find any mention of "while quantities last" or "limited supply" etc. I walked out thinking how I wasted my time going there in person. I went to my range today to get some practice time in and inquired about that same item. They were more than happy to honour that ad pricing and get it ordered for me same day. No issues at all.

Also this isn't the only time I've found that their advertising is off the mark. When they first came out with their foc branded ammo, a typo on their ad had the ammo listed for 10000rds for $200 or so, when it should have read 1000rds for $200. When I called to inquire, apparently I was the first to notice and call about it. They blew me off rather than acknowledge the mistake and apologize for the typo. I was calling about another item and took the time to mention their mistake. The least they could do was say thanks for the heads up, but no.
    Last edited by Pathfinder2017; 12-28-2017 at 11:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pathfinder2017 View Post
    They didn't have any more in stock, no worries because I had already anticipated that answer. It's Boxing Day after all. What I didn't expect was the sales person to just stand there staring blankly at me.
    If you had time to notice he was staring at you blankly, that means you were staring at him blankly. You were just weirding each other out and that's hardly something to hold against anyone - nevermind the whole store.

Double checking their Boxing week ad I did not find any mention of "while quantities last" or "limited supply" etc.
    These phrases are manipulative advertising strategies to entice you to impulse buy. They're not raincheck indicators.

I wasted my time going there in person.
    Yes you did. You can order online and specify pickup in store if you don't want to pay and/or wait for shipping.

They were more than happy to honour that ad pricing and get it ordered for me same day. No issues at all.
    Instead, this post could have been singing the praises of your range store. Most retailers don't price match ads for retailers when they're out of stock. What they did doesn't make FOC look bad in comparison, it makes your range store look better.

They blew me off rather than acknowledge the mistake and apologize for the typo. I was calling about another item and took the time to mention their mistake. The least they could do was say thanks for the heads up, but no.
    You wanted an apology for a typo on an item you weren't even calling about .....
    I'm not one to complain

CGN Ultra frequent flyer sgt.rock's Avatar
    Always good to me. I like em!!
    My Grandfather always said " Kid...............if you meet more than one arsehole in a day, chances are you are the arsehole. "

My only thing with FOC is that when ordering online you need to provide your pal information even when ordering non PAL related parts, i ordered a magazine and holster and still had to provide my pal information to check out.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Sakoman .308's Avatar
    I don't think the mods will like you discussing anything negative about site sponsors.
    If you do I expect your thread will be locked.

Last edited by Loosethoughts; 12-29-2017 at 07:01 AM. Reason: No point in complaining

Anyone else out there had any issues with this dealer? I'm not one to complain but I thought it would be worth at least an honest opinion for anyone whom hasn't dealt with them or is planning to in the near future. I bought my first guns from them this summer and the guy working the counter was great to deal with. Knowledgable and courteous. I really appreciated that because as a newbie in the firearms world I can tell you that it can all very very scary and overwhelming. I left that first encounter happy and relieved because I thought I could rely on FOC's experience and expertise for any future related purchases I may make. Since then I've dealt with foc on 3 different occasions, all 3 of which were subpar from that first encounter. What's really getting me is their customer service is complete crap. Not sure if this has been an ongoing thing but I've certainly noticed it, and for that reason alone I will not deal with them again. It's just the attitude of the staff that can go from snobby to just plain rude. My local range is more than happy to accommodate me and accept my business with a smile. I'll be going to them from now on. Anyone else have similar encounters???
    Hi Pathfinder2017,

Thank you for sharing your experience, as I have had similar experiences from other dealers/stores as well.

I would suggest you avoid shopping from any place that gives you these vibes. Shopping online is easier, and the $20-30 shipping charge more than makes up not having to deal with some of these people.

Perhaps they were having a bad day? It's still inexcusable, as when you run a retail business you should learn to separate your personal issues from work. It's called professionalism.

As for the other responders in this post, they may not share your experience. Some of them may also be fiercely loyal, and cannot fathom their favorite retailer acting as so.

As for merchant laws in Canada there are very few as they are usually regulated by established industry agencies and not government.

Good luck with your future purchases and keep sharing your experiences, pleasant or otherwise.

Few stores I've heard good things about: Bullseye, GoTenda & Reliable gun.