NEW! GSG MP-40 .22lr NON-RESTRICTED

Why only 23 rounds? Why not the full 32? (with a full length magazine, they could probably fit about 50 >22lr in a doublestack)....

.22lr rims don't play nice when trying to stack them straight. That's why every .22lr high-capacity magazine you see get really curvy. In 9mm it doesn't have that problem because they are rimless, thus they are easier to stack straight up and down.

Looks awesome!! If it is the same quality as my STG44 and carries the same warranty I will want one. Just want to wait for the reviews.

And i like my pot metal. 22. :)

Actually, no fake news here :)
To answer some of your questions; we distribute to most of the retailers across the country including Cabela's, Sail, Canadian Tire etc. First shipment should be arriving sometimes in September. MP40 9mm paperwork was already submitted to RCMP and Canadian model sample will be sent to for evaluation before the end of the month.
Thanks

9mm version restricted ?
Or is it going to have a ridicules looking 18.5" barrel .

9mm version restricted ?
Or is it going to have a ridicules looking 18.5" barrel .

I'd want this in a restricted shorter version also. It's not the type of firearm I'd have any need to take in the field and would probably just be a neat addition to the collection. Then again, I should wait for range reports. 😅

Last edited:
Do want!!!!!!! Love my STG44

STG 44 is beautiful....never had a problem....over 1000 rounds of CCI Blazer down range....never a jam....ftf...fte...NOTHING!

And I've never even cleaned it yet! Since new

Can't wait to get my hands on one of these I'll take either .22 / 9mm BOTH!

SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY

WHERE TO ORDER?

also I want mine to come with the wood box....even if it's cots a little more. ....put me down for 1

The range reports/reviews on the 9mm version from the US aren't the greatest. OTOH one I read (The Truth About Guns) was last year so maybe GSG has corrected some of the issues that guy had.

OMFG THIS JUST MADE MY YEAR!! maybe one day we can get mp5 :p

mp5 would be sweet

Just as an aside the MP5 and its variants are named prohibited firearms. This would include the GSG-5 and the Walther/Umarex MP5 .22lr replicas.

https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum/showthread.php/695968-The-Complete-List-of-the-Recently-Prohibited?p=6646149#post6646149

- 2008-02, German Sport Guns GSG-5 (semi-automatic 22LR, prohibited as an MP5 variants) "February 25, 2008: The RCMP’s FRT Department classified GSG-5 as prohibited weapon, claiming it to be HK-MP5 variant. The decision was entirely based on visual appearance, rather than technical facts. We have decided to dispute that decision. We retained T. Murray Rankin Q.C. of Heenan Blaikie to pursue a review of that decision and, if necessary, an appeal. We will further inform you of any developments on this matter. "

As far as I know that lawsuit didn't go anywhere.

Back
Top Bottom