Modern Sporter - Build Discussions

Can anyone give me some opinion on this build?

Maple Ridge Armoury complete barrel kit (18.6 5R guardian barrel with gas system and brake)
TriggerTech competitive AR primary Trigger PVD black Flat
Battle Arms Development 17' rigidrail m-lok handguard
Ergo enhanced LPK
Magpul UBR gen2
Strike industry flat wire buffer spring
standard M4 Carbine buffer 3oz
Odin charging handle red
AAC BCG NiB
DPMS dust cover assembly

Maple Ridge Armoury complete barrel kit (18.6 5R guardian barrel with gas system and brake)
Ergo enhanced LPK
Magpul UBR gen2
Odin charging handle red
AAC BCG NiB
DPMS dust cover assembly
The only thing I don’t like is the 17.5 HG.
Not to sure if it gonna look good with only the FH sticking out :)

Ergo enhanced LPK
Magpul UBR gen2
Odin charging handle red
AAC BCG NiB
DPMS dust cover assembly

I think it will look good, but unless looks trump usability I wouldn't use a HG longer than 15" just for the weight savings alone. I realize that the 2" wont be a whole lot of weight, but it is in literally the worst place as far as distribution goes...

Thanks Rick for reserving and securing my custom serial #, to match my Modern Hunter.

Purchased:
Christensen Arms, 20" Carbon Fiber barrel, and Christensen Arms BCG.
Fortis, Night Rail 16" MLOK handguard
Stock: Vltor Modstock or Fab Defense GL Core, MilSpec tube
Ergo grip
AAC 2.0 Brakeout , muzzle brake
Burris XTR II, 1.5 - 8x / 34mm
ADM Recon mount 34mm
Odin Works Extended mag release
Noveske Flaming Pig Ejection Port Cover
6x ATRS Gen1 Pistol mags
Trigger, JP Enterprise, adjustable
Lower Parts kit / Ambi controls.

Custom Cerakote

Last edited:
In order to hopefully shortcut some of the "will this fit" questions, could you please post an image or two of the areas that usually cause problems and the relevant dimensions?

Thanks!

Working on that. At the narrow, below the pic rail it's ~.625" wide. At the full width across the barrel nut, 1.500" and below just above the front takedown pin, it drops to 1.130". I'm sure this will be easier to see in a picture, so I'm about to start working on that but I didn't want you to feel like we were ignoring this as it seems a lot of people are wondering. It's actually extremely common place to adjust handguards for a proper fit, especially on billet receivers...

Would all the parts from a 90's Colt H-BAR match fit on these receivers for a build?

Yes! (potential pin size complications aside that is)
Worst case, you need a front takedown pin if your colt one is not compatible.

The sizes listed are quick, me using a set of calipers. They are not taken from the programming, and thus are subject to human error. But, this should give you guys a bit of an idea what the front section looks like, where your handguards butt up against.

20180813_140011.jpg

Phuck yeah my MI combat handguard with the built in anti rotation tabs will fit :) and its the exact same width as the upper :)

Thanks for the specs :cool:.

39123657_10156696785698552_7261391556832133120_o.jpg

39072700_10156696796858552_4932674483807846400_n.jpg

Last edited:
I think it will look good, but unless looks trump usability I wouldn't use a HG longer than 15" just for the weight savings alone. I realize that the 2" wont be a whole lot of weight, but it is in literally the worst place as far as distribution goes...

You need to look up the weights of a rigidrail.... They are insanely light

I will be excited to buy one of these receiver sets in the distant future! but until then ill just drool over other peoples builds lol

Working on that. At the narrow, below the pic rail it's ~.625" wide. At the full width across the barrel nut, 1.500" and below just above the front takedown pin, it drops to 1.130". I'm sure this will be easier to see in a picture, so I'm about to start working on that but I didn't want you to feel like we were ignoring this as it seems a lot of people are wondering. It's actually extremely common place to adjust handguards for a proper fit, especially on billet receivers...

Thanks!!

Hey Shaun, given the amount of people trying to fit their handguards to your uppers, have you ever thought of profiling the front portion of the upper similar to a forged ar15 upper? After all, you are selling sets for people’s personal builds, and most of us have particular favourite rails. For me I’d love to fit the RIS II on it!

Hey Shaun, given the amount of people trying to fit their handguards to your uppers, have you ever thought of profiling the front portion of the upper similar to a forged ar15 upper? After all, you are selling sets for people’s personal builds, and most of us have particular favourite rails. For me I’d love to fit the RIS II on it!

I second this thought!

I second this thought!

Just like how vltor does it with their billet uppers:

1nVKVt2.jpg

I hope I’m suggesting this to you guys early enough before your main upper receiver machining, but I’ve been trying to figure out what fits and what doesn’t. It’ll probably be a much easier problem to solve at the manufacturer’s side than on the end user side, if it’s just a one time CNC programming effort. I hope this suggestion makes sense!

Last edited:
Just like how vltor does it with their billet uppers:

1nVKVt2.jpg

I hope I’m suggesting this to you guys early enough before your main upper receiver machining, but I’ve been trying to figure out what fits and what doesn’t. It’ll probably be a much easier problem to solve at the manufacturer’s side than on the end user side, if it’s just a one time CNC programming effort. I hope this suggestion makes sense!

We can consider this as NOW is the time to alter programs, BUT whose spec do we use? It seems almost every hand guard makers that employs anti rotation tabs has a different dimension. Changing the program is not hard, but then some guys will ##### that we did not remove enough material and others will ##### we took out too much.

Back
Top Bottom