So how much demand would there be for 18.6" 50 Beowulf barrels?

I'd be in for a Beowulf barrel. I've been wanting to do a non-restricted .50 Beowulf, mainly so I can have a Beowulf and Grendel combo. It would also make a great bush gun!

I'm confused. I thought the 50 fed fine from .223/5.56 mags, therefore 10rounders held 5 or 6 50's. Are all 5 round 50 mags prohib?

I'd be into this cartridge for my xcr-l if I wasn't already working on this stag 10 program.

I have a 375 Socom barrel on my Troy PAR, the 223 pistol mags won't hold 5 but the 7.62x39 pistol mags hold 5 & feed fine. I'd be in for a big bore in any of the calibers suggested. But $900 is a bit steep. Bought the 375 barrel bolt combo out of the states, cost was around $700 to my door.

I'm on the fence. It's a bit much for a range toy, but then it'd be one less reason to bother hanging on to the restricted AR platform.

Would you folks also source bolts?

I've been searching around for a 450 bushmaster barrel/bolt for a little bit. Sadly, $950 is far too much to justify for just a barrel for me. Glad to see the ideas getting floated around though.

Keep in mind people that these ‘big bore’ calibers use a single feed ramp upper, so you might not be able to use the upper for say .223 afterwards. Or you might have to modify a upper than has had the M4 feed ramps already cut.

Keep in mind people that these ‘big bore’ calibers use a single feed ramp upper, so you might not be able to use the upper for say .223 afterwards. Or you might have to modify a upper than has had the M4 feed ramps already cut.

Why would you have to modify an upper that has M4 feed ramps already cut?

It's my understanding that the m4 feed ramps aren't optimal for center feeding that comes with the big bore rounds. The bottom center locking lug is right in the way of the round being able to feed as smoothly as staggered feed like 223 or 300 blk. That's my understanding anyways. The proper barrel extension would alleviate these problems

Because the barrel extension looks like this.

0001232_ar-15-big-bore-extensions_580.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom