Zastava MP22

They are quality made rifles, not a pics of plastic to be seen. Though mine also had extraction problems as you described. I believe it was a weak spring.

The extraction problems seem common enough that it's surprising there are no posts online about a good way to fix the issue.

I received an MP22 in a bulk package just under a year ago. I had extraction problems and almost offloaded it before trying subsonic ammunition in it. It's now my go to while ROing the range a couple times the week. It is a tackdriver with subsonic and a pleasure to shoot. I even used it to get a few grouse towards the end of season in the snow. Winchester Super Supressed is the brand I think it likes the most.

I received stronger replacement springs from another board member, seems to be the fix & if so, not a big issue for such a nice 22 at this price point!

I'm not sure when I will have another range report after the springs are replaced, but I'll update you guys down the road for sure.

Cheers
Jay

Took mine to the range Wednesday. Only got to 30m to sight in but cci quiet were pretty much touching. And it was windy here. I hope other ammo shoots as well

Update, Gunco is going to replace the two small springs on the extractors on the bolt, polish the chamber lightly & may re-profile the shape of the left extractor. Told him I didn't want to muck with it too much as it is a TACK driver!

Will have it back next week & once I hit the range with it next time I'll let you all know if the one stuck casing issue I had is resolved.

I couldn't resist it any longer and I caved and ordered one. It's a steal at the price. I don't have a 22 at the moment and I have nearly a whole case of minimags that need to be used up. Now I just need to find some scope rings...

Nice. You may want to get some oil for the stock. They don't seem to have any finish on them. Otherwise beautiful gun blueing is excellent

I couldn't resist it any longer and I caved and ordered one. It's a steal at the price. I don't have a 22 at the moment and I have nearly a whole case of minimags that need to be used up. Now I just need to find some scope rings...

I'm surprised they are not sold out to be honest. And TradeEx has the NC Star 1 Inch rings for 3/8 Dovetail RB25.

Personally, I'm not a fan of the dovetail mounting system, but I went with them & they seem fine for a budget rifle that performs way above it's price point!

Mine does the same thing. It seems like these rifles has a tight chamber and weak extractor. CCI ammo has more wax on it, and the wax eventually build up in the chamber and causes the spent brass to stick.
Use copper plated (preferably Federal) and you won't have any issues. Mine is very accurate with cheap bulk Federal and AE.

After reading this thread/review, I couldn’t resist. I didn’t have any bolt action rimfires.....ssssoooooo!
I think it’ll be great for training new shooters/kids.

I emailed tradex asking and they said they won't be stocking them at this time since they need to make a minimum order of 200 pieces.

They did say they were looking into it in the future.

You can modify marlin 702 magazines to fit by cutting in a magazine catch and filing down the follower to feed.

^^^^^^^^
Who sells the 9 rd magazines?

I bought my 9rds for Zastava Z5/M22/CZ99/Remington mod 5 from Gagnon Sports (pic). However, that was some time ago so they can be sold out. I don't think that there exist any 10rds mags for the Z5/M22/CZ99/ Remington mod 5. They look like 10 rds but accommodate only 9 rds. At least my mags are 9rds.

Ft2KzRy.jpg

Quick update, Gunco trimmed & installed both extractor springs.

He advised I try it again & see if there are any extraction issues before polishing the chamber & looking at the left extractor's shape.

Not sure when I can hit the range again, but I'll keep you guys in the loop.

VERY happy with this little tac driver! :dancingbanana:

Cheers
Jay

I bought my 9rds for Zastava Z5/M22/CZ99/Remington mod 5 from Gagnon Sports (pic). However, that was some time ago so they can be sold out. I don't think that there exist any 10rds mags for the Z5/M22/CZ99/ Remington mod 5. They look like 10 rds but accommodate only 9 rds. At least my mags are 9rds.

Ft2KzRy.jpg

^^^^^^^

Gagnon's is out of stock on these. I just checked yesterday. No plan to get more.

^^^^^^^
Gagnon's is out of stock on these. I just checked yesterday. No plan to get more.

That's a pity. At some point in time they had tons of them. I don't quite understand why they don't want to replenish the stock. It's not a big deal for them. Also, since Tradex sells the rifles now it could import those 9 rounders. They already have spare 5 rounders in stock.

Back
Top Bottom