Zastava MP22

Jay

Pound of Fire<br>Super Moderator
Moderating Team
Hey TradeEx;

Had the Zastava MP22 at the range today. It shot bulk pack Federal 36grain copper plated hollow points better than CCI Standard Target, chuckle.

One ragged hole at 50m.

Only hiccup, one stuck CCI case in the chamber, tapped it out with a cleaning rod, stopped using the CCI and no further issues. Not sure why CCI did that?

Cheers
Jay

60D35CA4-A988-4BFB-B70D-594CB49556D0.jpg

C0F1153A-6BD5-4D70-BF58-ED3ED791960A.jpg

Attachments

• 60D35CA4-A988-4BFB-B70D-594CB49556D0.jpg
    60D35CA4-A988-4BFB-B70D-594CB49556D0.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 12,882
  • C0F1153A-6BD5-4D70-BF58-ED3ED791960A.jpg
    C0F1153A-6BD5-4D70-BF58-ED3ED791960A.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 12,908
The extraction problems seem common enough that it's surprising there are no posts online about a good way to fix the issue.

I had the Remington Model 5 Zastava Laminate stock 22 LR. Absolutely was a tack driver! Shot Federal American Eagle 38 grain hollow points ( AE22 ) into a dime sized hole at 50 yards. Never should have sold it.

Mine never had any extraction issues whatsoever. Very well made rifle. Good looking too!....:)

Last edited:
The one case that got stuck after firing was CCI Standard. No issue with CCI Stingers, but they didn't print tight groups like the Federal bulk pack ammo. As mentioned, I stopped feeding it the CCI Standard & had no further issues.

I wonder if there are small dimensional differences in the brass case that could be the issue?

Cheers
Jay

I received an MP22 in a bulk package just under a year ago. I had extraction problems and almost offloaded it before trying subsonic ammunition in it. It's now my go to while ROing the range a couple times the week. It is a tackdriver with subsonic and a pleasure to shoot. I even used it to get a few grouse towards the end of season in the snow. Winchester Super Supressed is the brand I think it likes the most.

Sounds like it has a tight/target chamber, which would make it so accurate, making me want one, possibly cleaning the chamber with a good brush and solvent will help, I wouldn't want to ream it for fear it will make it less accurate, great deal, I missed that one!

Nice to see that this rifle is getting some great reviews , I always maintain that it’s the undiscovered gem of the rimfire world . I have a Remington model 5 in 22lr and a mp22 in 22 mag , no issues with extraction and they hold their own against the more expensive bolt actions .

I recently bought 2 MP22 for a friend and myself. Both can easily achieve less than half inch at 50m with CCI SV. Less than 1.5 inch at 100m with the same ammo.

2 things to consider when purchasing the rifle: 1. Parts of magzine needs to be polished to avoid feeding issues. 2. Lots of time will be spent on fine tuning the trigger pull.

I obviously know nothing about these rifles, so please bare with me... is there, or has there been a tube mag variant?

Back
Top Bottom