Any word on development of a short GSG-16 barrel?

Wouldn't that ruin everything by banning mags for it over 10 round capacity, just like the Ruger 10/22?

Has nothing to do with barrel length, Unless GSG, makes a GSG 16 pistol. Ruger made the Charger. Which is a pistol, that used 10/22 mags. RCMP decided to say that 10/22 rifle mags are dual purpose so limited them all to 10.

Has anyone successfully installed a CYMA fixed buttstock? Mine stops about an 1/8 inch short and I can't seem to figure out exactly what it is catching on. Thanks.

Hello everyone!
I dunno if this is the right forum to ask... But is there a way to make recoil spring of the GSG15/16 softer, as to make it cycle subsonic rounds? And if there's one available for sale, which store carries them?

Hello everyone!
I dunno if this is the right forum to ask... But is there a way to make recoil spring of the GSG15/16 softer, as to make it cycle subsonic rounds? And if there's one available for sale, which store carries them?

I used a pair of lighter springs behind the bolt carrier. Cycles CCI SV flawlessly since then, if they're not the ultra-waxy batches. Some SV I've picked up these last couple of years is absolutely painted, even showing drips of wax, and that builds up fast on the GSG-16 mag lips, jamming after a while. Need to wipe it clean with a cloth to run again. I've done a bunch of filing and sanding and polishing inside the magazines too, before ever shooting the thing, just because they ways for the loading assist buttons were so rough and catchy.

This is the spring type I used, stainless steel, got them from an eBay seller. The wire diameter is 0.7mm, spring OD is 8mm, and I just started a bit long, then trimmed them a little and tested, until I got it cycling just right with CCI SV.

GSG-16_8mmx0.7mm_stainless_springs.jpg

Back
Top Bottom