Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 57891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Letter Writing Campaigns and The CCFR

All the letters I have written and posted, all the support of organizations and candidates I have endorsed and donated to and voting I have done have equaled Sweet Nothing. There is no recourse for the individual aginst the Federal Government as the VAST majority of us have not the time or money to spend on it, whether we have jobs to go to everyday or are fighting to stay above water during this pandemic. The firearms community and owners in Canada have lost the fight. I feel sick to my stomach that my enjoyment from shooting the AR, doing load developments and having the opportunity to stay very familiar with the manual of arms that I have been used to since 1990, is gone. No final range trip to expend all rounds and enjoy the sport of target shooting a modern semi-automatic centerfire rifle. Sad day, sad day indeed.

CGN frequent flyer thunderflash's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by L86 All Terrain View Post
    Thank you for the efforts, they are truely appreciated by all of us. Not trying to be rude or ignorant but they are going to wipe their ass with those letters, we all know it now. They wont be opened or read. Mass demonstration is the only thing that will get them to re-think at this point. Anything else is wasted energy and time at this point in the plan. Its do or die for the firearms community now, we cant fight this battle behind a pen at home. They need to see 10,000 owners standing ground TOGETHER and letting them know this is unjust.
    " they are going to wipe their ass with those letters," while that may be true --truly hoping that they get covid from it!-- But what else is there to do but ,KEEP WRITING and FIGHTING !!!! IMO they just woke a sleeping giant!
    "Rifles are better than handguns for fighting. The primary purpose for a handgun is ,to fight your way to a Rifle that you should NOT have put down in the first place " ------- Clint Smith- Owner/ Instructor; Thunder Ranch

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Patt08's Avatar
    The Liberals will get exactly what they want by ignoring all our letters. Everyone will stop sending them because they were ignored. Mission accomplished.
    |CCFR|

With the exception of Premier Kenny, the party with the blue flag has been quiet. Not impressed.

CGN Regular
    Delete
    Last edited by apexanimal; 02-12-2021 at 10:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DT741 View Post
    Handwritten to trudeau, blair, freeland and my MP (Godin), made color photocopies and sending then away every week.
    Bon plan, je vais faire de même.
    '' Si tu veux vivre, risque ta vie (...) L'homme y'a pas le choix bcp, ou ben donc il décide d'être un homme ou ben donc il décide de se conformer. '' - Michel Chartrand.

Roger that!

Quote Originally Posted by apexanimal View Post
    I really wish these gun orgs would try and organize some mass rallies of civil disobedience. Did those Indians get their settlement because they wrote letters? No they blocked traffic and ground the economy to a halt unopposed.

You may not like it but its the precedent that has been set. if all you do is write letters and comply exactly as they want you to, why on earth would they change their minds? Theyve already got you doing exactly what they want, which is complying and writing letters. Actual rallies, and this may sound crazy but maybe even WITH the rifles that were banned, would attract attention and show we are serious and not to be pushed around. If 1000 people showed up with ARs and other rifles, you think the 20 cops present would honestly try to arrest that group...no theyd back off, let you protest, and youd set another precedent and gain a foothold.

Its just reality, the letters didnt do anything to stop this, the largest petition in Canadian history was ignored, the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result...
    You have all valid points other than showing up with firearms. As for the orgs organizing rallies I would not depend on it there busy collecting donations and telling us to write more useless letters. Myself and others are trying to organize a Canada wide protest there is a post about it in general firearms section as well as the c71 actions form go check it out

Quote Originally Posted by apexanimal View Post
    I really wish these gun orgs would try and organize some mass rallies of civil disobedience. Did those Indians get their settlement because they wrote letters? No they blocked traffic and ground the economy to a halt unopposed.

You may not like it but its the precedent that has been set. if all you do is write letters and comply exactly as they want you to, why on earth would they change their minds? Theyve already got you doing exactly what they want, which is complying and writing letters. Actual rallies, and this may sound crazy but maybe even WITH the rifles that were banned, would attract attention and show we are serious and not to be pushed around. If 1000 people showed up with ARs and other rifles, you think the 20 cops present would honestly try to arrest that group...no theyd back off, let you protest, and youd set another precedent and gain a foothold.

Its just reality, the letters didnt do anything to stop this, the largest petition in Canadian history was ignored, the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result...

Protesting is good, but without any guns. The optics of our side holding the banned items will not help our cause at all. We aren’t trying to make everyone pro gun. That’s too much to realistically ask. We just want the public to see that we are a law abiding group. A group that is being legitimately punished for the actions of an evil man. A man who abused the women in his life and who was not licensed, and used illegal means to get his guns. We need to repeat these truths like the other side repeats their lies.
    CCFR, CSSA MEMBER.

Quote Originally Posted by CALICANUCK View Post
    Protesting is good, but without any guns. The optics of our side holding the banned items will not help our cause at all. We aren’t trying to make everyone pro gun. That’s too much to realistically ask. We just want the public to see that we are a law abiding group. A group that is being legitimately punished for the actions of an evil man. A man who abused the women in his life and who was not licensed, and used illegal means to get his guns. We need to repeat these truths like the other side repeats their lies.
    I am with you on that.