Remington 700 PCR SB Shorty

Originally Posted by IRUNGUNS View Post
The RCMP has come back and said once a pistol always a pistol. We have escalated the matter and will advise once we have more to share.

Does this mean there will be a restricted version if bought from IRUNGUNS and the exact same gun will be Non Restricted if bought from a dealer that gets it from Gravel Agency ?

Pretty sure Gravel has Remington making a special run for Canada with a rifle buttstock not a pistol brace. Whereas I think IRUNGUNS was doing the conversion themselves. If that’s the case than the Gravel one is a rifle from the manufacturer and IRGs was a converted pistol.

Think Canada in going to see this in a non restricted version as posted?
Thought about building one as I have a short 700 action but think the cost of one of these would be cheaper then building one simpler , plus I really like the looks of the chassis .

Last edited:
The chassis you are liking is probably made by MDT in Chilliwack BC

Did some quick googling awhile ago, there made by Magpul.

Shooting times ..“The chassis is Teflon-coated, anodized aluminum and is designed to accept a detachable magazine. The one that came with my rifle is made by Magpul and is marked 7.62x51”

Did some quick googling awhile ago, there made by Magpul.

Shooting times ..“The chassis is Teflon-coated, anodized aluminum and is designed to accept a detachable magazine. The one that came with my rifle is made by Magpul and is marked 7.62x51”

The chassis is not made by Magpul. The second sentence is referring to the magazine.

The chassis is not made by Magpul. The second sentence is referring to the magazine.

Makes sense after I reread it.. thanks
Checked Remingtons website, doesn’t mention a maker of the chassis that I can see.,
Anybody have any ideas or if this still will be coming into Canada none restricted?

These look awesome. Especially non rest. I’m in for a 223

Price will be approx $1399 plus tax. I checked a couple Canadian dealers. So not a bad deal.

Something to remember, you lose muzzle velocity with short barrels. Something I forgot when getting a 16.5" 6.5 creedmoor. Velocities were 250 fps lower then advertised

Is that only with the 6.5 creedmore? Or do velocities get smaller with other calibers when you use a shorter barrel too?

Something to remember, you lose muzzle velocity with short barrels. Something I forgot when getting a 16.5" 6.5 creedmoor. Velocities were 250 fps lower then advertised

Then reload with a powder that is designed for shorter barrels.

That is an amazing amount of fps loss I've never had that much of a loss in anything and I am into shorting my barrels 5" - 6".

As far as I know only 223 and 308 for now, I was thinking if building one or to have a 338 fed barrel made for the PCR ....end of June , July.But who knows now.
Think it’s neat toy anyway

Back
Top Bottom