Remington 700 PCR SB Shorty

As was stated above, If you want a short barrel, then order it at the length you want but DO NOT CUT DOWN YOUR EXISTING BARREL LESS THAN LEGAL LIMIT OR YOU'LL BE IN FOR A WORLD OF HURT.

For the guys wanting some . Wouldn't it be easy enough to buy a action of your choice, chassis and just rebarrel it to get the same thing instead of witing. Or am I missing something here? There are plenty of great sponsors here that the parts would be easy and reasonable to come by.

This. You can build one for a decent cost while supporting Canadian manufacturers and suppliers.

Ok. Where can we get an affordable barrel and action from? I suppose an mdt lss chassis would work?

Yep Rem 783, 700 or savage lots on the EE . IBI barrels shoot great, MDT chassis can think or 2 sponges right off the top of my head that if you send you cheap 783 to them they will pit it all togeather set it up and then you will have a great shooting gun for probably a little less money and time. Might be able to pick up all the parts on the EE.

Might as well make up your mind to the fact that if you want one you’re either going to have to buy an existing one, or build your own.

Talked with the owner of my LGS, one of the site sponsors, yesterday. They have been informed by Remington that they will not be receiving any product until at least April 2021, and that is only a few 870’s. They can’t guarantee anything beyond that. And before anybody jumps on me and points out the obvious fact that Remington is bankrupt, they have received the same information from their other suppliers as well. And yes, apparently the shelves are bare at the ammunition importers as well.

I gave up before these were even ordered. Bought a CPR from S&J and never looked back.

I don't feel bad endorsing the CPR, considering that the Remington 783's they used to build these came from Gravel in the first place. :)

U7HbrtY.jpg

But that's just my opinion.

Bradley

I gave up before these were even ordered. Bought a CPR from S&J and never looked back.

I don't feel bad endorsing the CPR, considering that the Remington 783's they used to build these came from Gravel in the first place. :)

But that's just my opinion.

Bradley

I love my CPR, don't regret it a bit except I'd like a short barreled 223 as well.

That’s tight, I thought S&J did a killer job on them. How’s it shoot?

It's great! Unfortunately, I am probably going to swap that optic out with a 3-15 to stretch it out a little bit. I haven't done much grouping with it beyond 50m, and I feel the best representation is going to be at 100m. Too many projects on the go!

Backwoods said:
I love my CPR, don't regret it a bit except I'd like a short barreled 223 as well.

More reason to pressure Simon to buy .223 783's and build some!

Bradley

.223s have made it to the cabelas website but none in stock. Maybe waiting until after black Friday and cyber Monday deals to go back into stock.

Back
Top Bottom