Remington 700 PCR SB Shorty

Looks great!

The mdt skeleton stock is really nice, I recommend it.

I do like having the ability to collapse the stock, but Ill probably get a magpul ctr to replace the moe so I can use my qd sling.

Got it out today. Very happy with it. Seems there is only hike in shooting now around Calgary, but more exercise is good. Shot at 100, 200, and 300m in different shooting positions etc to challenge myself. I've gotten too bench dependent the last few years. A deer showed up so I got to test how the elcan would work for hunting (removed optic from rifle for the photo) and it will do very well.

What a great rifle!

ABI0AN7h.jpg

LeBhLMch.jpg

a8lS96nh.jpg

300M:
5pNXwIdh.jpg

Deer at 100m
7CirPXyh.jpg

100M:
lhHquITh.jpg

ZDYekqeh.jpg

Got it out today. Very happy with it. Seems there is only hike in shooting now around Calgary, but more exercise is good. Shot at 100, 200, and 300m in different shooting positions etc to challenge myself. I've gotten too bench dependent the last few years. A deer showed up so I got to test how the elcan would work for hunting (removed optic from rifle for the photo) and it will do very well.

What a great rifle!

nice thanks for the pics :)

What a great rifle!

ABI0AN7h.jpg

LeBhLMch.jpg

a8lS96nh.jpg

300M:
5pNXwIdh.jpg

Deer at 100m
7CirPXyh.jpg

100M:
lhHquITh.jpg

ZDYekqeh.jpg

Well done Sir! ��

Great pics! A big improvement with the rifle for me was moving to mags with metal feed lips. Not sure if anyone else experiences it, but my bolt rides against the feed lips pretty bad. Swapped out for MDT poly/metal mags and it feels good now!

Great pics! A big improvement with the rifle for me was moving to mags with metal feed lips. Not sure if anyone else experiences it, but my bolt rides against the feed lips pretty bad. Swapped out for MDT poly/metal mags and it feels good now!

Ya I noticed that too. Might have to buy afew

Had a chance to try some different projectiles with D5744. I think this powder may be ideal as it has 100% burn rate in the 12.5" barrel, but need to scale back from max charges as most bullets don't like 60kpsi. Velocities were consistent, but I was all over the place. A MAX's grouped the best this time, and previously with D4895. Seems to like factory 150gr aguila stuff though, surprises me.

Speer 130gr avg 5 rounds 2660fps

GD M80 147gr avg 5 rounds 2419fps

Hornady A-MAX 168gr avg 5 rounds 2297fps

SMK 175gr avg 5 rounds 2246fps

Can provide charge details if needed, but really need more data before I can touch on accuracy. Mostly just testing my new chrono today.

Thanks for the info!

I'll be loading up 168s or 165s with d4895 as I have a lot of it

That's what I was using originally, unfortunately with all loads the best I could get with the short barrel is 12% powder wasted. My starting loads with it only had 78% powder burn.

Pif, how do you determine the percentage of powder burned?

QuickLoad, reloading software that lets you tweak EVERY aspect of your setup. Barrel length included. I was skeptical about how accurate it was, but every one of my loads was within 20fps of QL's estimations.

So, do you prefer the m-pul bi-pod folding to the rear? I'm on the fence about that. Logic says forward, but the forearm length would make the balance-point look strange and maybe worse. I think that I prefer they way you have it.

For the reasons you mentioned, I think it is best to set it up that way. The rifle is to short to go the other way in my opinion. But you know, it’s an easy thing to test, and see what fits best for you. Since this is my hunting rifle, the bipod only stays on it for range days. When it’s hunting season, I replace it for an angle foregrip.

Back
Top Bottom