Remington 700 PCR SB Shorty

My build mostly complete. Not exactly lightweight at 10.1 lbs empty.
Question: Do the make a cheek riser for the stock that came with this or do I need to look elsewhere?

I just ended up swapping the stock with another Magpull design I had (off a Ruger PC9) and then snapped a cheek riser on it. Not sure why Remington used this stock that you can't easily put a riser on.

The Moe sl that it comes with does not accept cheek risers. You can use an Moe, or ctr with magpul clip on cheek risers, or get something that has an adjustable cheek piece.

I bought the chassis just by itself and have been cobbling things together...just waiting to assemble everything. I've got a remage style 16" 358 Win barrel sitting here that is the last piece of the puzzle. It peeks just a whisker past the handguard.

iCuK2Xzl.jpg

Very nice!

I'll be ridding of the chassis mine comes with in-order to put a different one on. I'll share a pic when it's installed in a month or so.

My build mostly complete. Not exactly lightweight at 10.1 lbs empty.
Question: Do the make a cheek riser for the stock that came with this or do I need to look elsewhere?

Jrz0em0.jpg
Use rings and drop your optic down. It may not be light but it balances nicely.

Not to derail the thread but as you guys loving the bolt action SBR platforms.

Getting ready for 20 round magazines and bolt action rifle use. :)

I guess we'll have to wait and see what is brought up when Remington starts shipping again. As it stands, this one is not on the new website. The shortest rifles they are showing are 16.5".

Where the money pit stands now. Just mocked up as I need a .5" longer muzzle device for oal to be over 26 collapsed. Rocking a Bushnell srms 1-8.5 in MDT rings. It's so beautiful :)
sbv4cr9h.jpg

Don't you need to weld the muzzle on in order for the muzzle to count towards the OAL of 26"? Pretty sure if the muzzle is removable, they measure from the crown of the barrel.

What counts for overall length isn't the same as barrel length.

Would a removable recoil pad not count as part of overall length?

Don't you need to weld the muzzle on in order for the muzzle to count towards the OAL of 26"? Pretty sure if the muzzle is removable, they measure from the crown of the barrel.

No if it was a semi auto we would have to have an 18.5" barrel to be NR. For manual action firearms there is no legal barrel length requirement only OAL so muzzle devices count for OAL.

You can thank our idiotic overlords for the confusing laws and rules we have to follow.

Last edited:
No if it was a semi auto we would have to have an 18.5" barrel to be NR. For manual action firearms there is no legal barrel length requirement only OAL so muzzle devices count for OAL.

You can thank our idiotic overlords for the confusing laws and rules we have to follow.

???? I asked if there was any more stock incoming...... I'm well versed in the R/NR requirements and intricacies. That was never my question..... I think you quoted the wrong post.

Back
Top Bottom