Remington 700 PCR SB Shorty

In my Rem 700 PCR short rifle I'm loading 125gr Ballistic Tips @ 2740fps for deer and coyotes.

I just bought a box of 110gr V-Max to load hoping to get 2850fps for coyotes

Any 50 yards groups?

Love to see the grouping difference compared to the Bison, all I have is my indoor range groups.

How cool would it be if we could buy guns that are in stock. I feel like every single dealer thread on cgn has just become photos to look at. Guess it's the times.

I'm starting to think more and more about I'd like a second one of these short barreled rifles in 243 for coyote hunting I'd run 70gr Ballistic Tips or V-Max.

I have a 308 version and quite like it. So much so I am building a 223 version with the PCR stock and a donor Rem 700 in 223 but shortened to the same length as the 308 and not the shorter 10.5" barrel that the 223 version was produced in. Just waiting for my Triggertech Special to arrive from their recent sale and I will assemble and post some pics if anyone is interested.

Just wondering what are owner's long term thoughts on this rifle?

Concussion blast pretty punishing for multiple shots with a brake?

Is it jumpy due to the low weight of the rifle?

thanks

I wouldn't use a muzzle brake with this rifle myself. I used a linear comp to direct blast away.
Jumpier than a 15lb rifle for sure but depends on what you are shooting out of it. The rifle is still heavyish.

Last edited:
Probably a dumb question as this thread was started a couple years ago, but are these still available or no?

Sadly with Remington being bankrupt, then carved up between different companies. This rifle is not available anymore.

Only way to snag one is via the grey market (EE)

Cheers

One was on the EE earlier this week sold within minutes

I've been asked 4 times over the last 5 weeks if I would sell mine = not happening

Yeah that’s what I figured, thanks for the info though. Wouldn’t have minded one in .223

There is a Canadian made option for a 223

https://blackcreeklabs.com/portfolio_page/bison/

Bison-4-copy-2000x466.jpg

y4m_rqkgwF-nKdzCujEq08lKgU_-ehROIEO-H1CTssVLHw-EAIrtaLX_Ewcu7ku8SBcS6Xql2_oYsu1lYSHWoc9eU5jd6gBt9EL3Vo-FcIEp2QxNtpr8HsHUIJpFMPP6ccdi9DNQ0u8g7ZlTJ5xN0MVn3c7nVzeI-EsAbJwZDxXMENQyKQ_qD_1nxrnmwcSw8Eh

Mine doesn't look much like what it started as ;)

358 Win (16" JC barrel), Triiggertech, the PA is the 7.62x39 version...it's close enough for what I'm doing....

Back
Top Bottom