Remington 700 PCR SB Shorty

In another thread it was claimed the FRT for this is Restricted by virtue of being a pistol. Can you confirm or deny this?

This is non restricted. It's a short barreled rifle done up by Remington specifically for us.

What's the big deal with 300 BLK?

A 308 under 16 inch is not interesting performance wise and no ammo is designed for it. Other than a big fireball it's useless and a waste of money.
It's the same story for a 10.5 inch 223 but at least there is cheap ammo for it.

300 blk out make more sense , ammo is taylored for the short barrel application and you can shoot subs and supersonics. You can still hunt with it too. It make an ideal short rifle package.

A 308 under 16 inch is not interesting performance wise and no ammo is designed for it. Other than a big fireball it's useless and a waste of money.
It's the same story for a 10.5 inch 223 but at least there is cheap ammo for it.

300 blk out make more sense , ammo is taylored for the short barrel application and you can shoot subs and supersonics. You can still hunt with it too. It make an ideal short rifle package.

I see. Thank you.

For those saying sbr 308 is useless ballistically, they are not bad actually, especially when used with heavier bullets and specific powders. You could have a 180grn bullet going 2200-2300 fps with factory ammo, and faster with handloads. I plan to experiment with different weights of heavier bullets when I get mine. It will be a really fun project!

if you like big bangs, and big fireballs, it makes perfect sense.
i'm in for the .308 lol.

Hogwash. Regardless of barrel length, a 308 will always outperform the 300bo.

13.5" 308=2450fps w/150gr pill
13" 300bo=2300fps w/110gr pill.

Its not even close. The 308 smokes the 300bo.

" 10.5 inch .223 useless???" Is that why so many LE and Military have adopted the DD MK18 ??

" 10.5 inch .223 useless???" Is that why so many LE and Military have adopted the DD MK18 ??

Maybe because LE/MIL don't clear houses with bolt action rifle... We speak of a 10.5 bolt gun here in case you forgot.

for sure a 308 win will more powerfull than a 300 BLK but most of that power will make it unpleasant to shoot making it pointless. personally, it seems like a silly idea to me. Based on my limited experience with a 12' 330 BLK I would guess a 12″ 308 with 150 grain bullets would give you similar velocities with a 125 grain projectile(2300 fps) with far less blast and concussion. A 12 inch 308 win will require you to wear double ear protection and it will still be unpleasant to shoot.

Short barrel 308 Win are great and I own a 16.5''. But shorter than 16.5 inch you start to loose alot.

Back
Top Bottom