Remington 700 PCR SB Shorty

Hey guys,

A few answers that we know right now.

ETA - Mid Summer

Canadian Version - Yes, shown above is the Canadian Version as the US version has the Arm Brace

Calibers - Other calibers might follow but we don't know yet

Price - Will be up to the dealers and will depend on the US exchange rate at the time.

Left Hand - Unlikely at this time.

Rails - 0 MOA rail and you can add an M-LOK rail up front on the top to run iron sights

Magazines - AICS Magpul

Thanks, the ability to throw some irons on here makes me very interested in this. Especially in .308

The only advantage to the 300bo is the ability to use subsonic rounds, but with no suppressors in Canada that advantage means nothing.

Incorrect.

Suppressed or not, when fired, a subsonic round is significantly quieter than a supersonic one. Yes you could load down the 308win to shoot subsonic, but with a 1:12 or 1:10 twist barrel (in my experience) it won’t stabilize much over 150g. The faster twist barrel on a 300blk gives you much better performance with regards to subsonic shooting.

Incorrect.

Suppressed or not, when fired, a subsonic round is significantly quieter than a supersonic one. Yes you could load down the 308win to shoot subsonic, but with a 1:12 or 1:10 twist barrel (in my experience) it won’t stabilize much over 150g. The faster twist barrel on a 300blk gives you much better performance with regards to subsonic shooting.

The 308 will have a 1 in 10" twist and it will certainly stabilize bullets up to 180gr. Also FWIW this guy did some ballistics testing on short 308 barrels: https://rifleshooter.com/2016/02/30...-length-and-velocity-a-six-inch-308-bolt-gun/

Agree,
A 1:10 will stabilize a 220gr no problem, But in my experience with testing, weights over 150gr suffered in the stability and accuracy department when shot at subsonic speed.

Subsonic 200 gr to 240gr 308 RUAG suffered no accuracy or stability stability issues when fired through 1-10 twist barrels & barrel length ran from 16 to 20”, test firing was done with and without suppressor to confirm accuracy/stability !! Plus I need one of these Rem 700 PCR SB Shorty ;);)

gadget

Very interesting. I don't know much about ballistics but I wonder how short you can go before your ~400 yard accuracy and put down power suffers. But man, I like the idea of packing something that small around, not to mention that much lighter without the extra ~6" of heavy barrel.

I suspect that a 12 1/2" .308 with a M-4 type stock might be a bit on the nasty side, as far as recoil goes. Putting on a brake will help with the recoil, but it might be a bit on the rude side when it comes to blast.

I suspect that a 12 1/2" .308 with a M-4 type stock might be a bit on the nasty side, as far as recoil goes. Putting on a brake will help with the recoil, but it might be a bit on the rude side when it comes to blast.

It’ll be loud for sure but I don’t think it’s bite will be that bad, I’ve had an M4 stock on a short barrel 12g for a few years and until I ran a bunch of 3” sabots through a longer rifled barrel I never needed a recoil pad. The M4 buttstock wasn’t bad, the 3” magnum loads beat the hell out of me. Shooting off bags while sighting I’m the scope I had mounted didn’t help, I was black and blue for awhile lol.

Back
Top Bottom