Remington 700 PCR SB Shorty

I have spent a lot of time talking to every level of conservation officer branch about barrel length restrictions for hunting here in BC.

I used to say the same as you but I don't now due to the CO's cannot find any regulation that says we have to have a 12" or great length barrel.

Their only concern is overall length.

It’s on pg17 of the BC hunting synopsis, top of the page under Legal hunting methods. First paragraph of the Firearms section, specifically says it illegal to hunt with a barrel less than 305mm ( 12.0079” ) in length.

I have spent a lot of time talking to every level of conservation officer branch about barrel length restrictions for hunting here in BC.

I used to say the same as you but I don't now due to the CO's cannot find any regulation that says we have to have a 12" or great length barrel.

Their only concern is overall length.

Right on, It's been a few years since I looked, but it used to be in the synopsis.

I quit looking after even the CO's couldn't find it who knows maybe it was because of me that it is back... :(

Pg.17, first point in the firearms section.

9op9bRH.jpg

Please add me to the growing list of folks who want one of these in .300 Blackout. :)

Maybe, if enough of us ask, Remington will release a few of these to us deprived shooters in Canada?

Please add me to the growing list of folks who want one of these in .300 Blackout. :)

Maybe, if enough of us ask, Remington will release a few of these to us deprived shooters in Canada?

In a bolt gun...anything the 300BLK does, the 308 will do better. There is far more top end versatility with a 308 than a 300BLK, and the bottom end, well it's the bottom, and both will perform the same, twist rate and projectile weight being the tosser.
When will replacement barrels will be available as a part? Will this rig be able to bolt into a regular M700 stock? Can't see why not, but best to ask.
As mentioned earlier, building something like this would be a no-no. Throwing a factory short barrel on a action may work?

R.

...As mentioned earlier, building something like this would be a no-no. Throwing a factory short barrel on a action may work?

R.

As long as someone didn't take a regular 700 and saw off the barrel, building a rig like this would be a yes-yes. A short custom barrel would certainly be an option, as would something like a take-off XP100 barrel.

Back
Top Bottom