Dominion Powders Now Available

I was happy to see this thread pop back up.
Only commenting so I can help create the same mild disappointment in someone else.

Spoke to the plant a few weeks ago. They have no idea when they will have extra capacity. They indicated that likely nothing until the Ukraine situation eases.

My fear is that it could be a good while longer than that. I read an interesting article today about how low the ammunition stocks are in virtually all NATO countries due to support for Ukraine. All NATO members are required to hold a minimum stock sufficient for a 30 day land war -- and NATO is considering whether that is, in fact, enough should a larger conventional war break out in Europe. At the moment however, Germany is said to have no more than just a 2 day ammunition supply currently on hand. Other NATO members are starting to run dry as well, even the US. If this is actually the case, it could be years before we see civilian canister grade powders available in any quantity.

Guys, stop bumping this old thread, every time I think Canada Ammo finally has Dominion powder again :)

Not that I need much powder at the moment but if the price is right....lol.

Last edited:
Since this got bumped, does anyone have any 30-06 recipes using 8208br? My buddy wants me to load him some rounds and im sitting on 10 pounds of the stuff lol.

You can try 52.3 grains of 8028XBR. With a Campro 147gr FMJ-BT bullet, expect around 2,880 ft/second muzzle velocity from a 22 inch barrel.

Remember that if you're using the Dominion powder, they recommend starting 10% lower and working your way up, just in case the lot you got your hands on is hotter than its factory equivalent.

What is this powder equivalent too? I can buy 5 lbs for pretty cheap but can't seem to find info on it.

What is this powder equivalent too? I can buy 5 lbs for pretty cheap but can't seem to find info on it.
Are you saying someone is offering you 5lb for sale? Because I don't think this retailer even exists anymore?

As for what is is equivalent to, they offered a few different varieties. They stuff I have is IMR4350-ish. It should tell you on the label what powder it is closest to.

Are you saying someone is offering you 5lb for sale? Because I don't think this retailer even exists anymore?

As for what is is equivalent to, they offered a few different varieties. They stuff I have is IMR4350-ish. It should tell you on the label what powder it is closest to.
It's from someone I know who has 2 jugs of it they need to get rid of. I just clued in and did read the label. One is 700x equivalent and the other is accurate 2015. Good prices, just not "cannister grade"

Back
Top Bottom