Israeli Surplus M1 Carbine .30 Carbine 18" Restricted

Early on you could have a flash hider installed/permanently and get around the restricted BS but that changed .Didn't matter if it was welded on.

I had one of those and sold it on the EE, had to take it back and then back to the person who sold it to me as non restricted. Pretty sure there are still lots of them out there.

I remember clearly that the rationale was that it was the Montreal bank robbers’ weapon of choice...

It is my understanding that this is the firearm that caused the 18.5 inch rule. In 1969 these were common surplus and when they were drafting the legislation, 18.5 was chosen because all the M1 carbines would become restricted. At the time they were the scary rifle they wanted to ban.

jps3cyo.jpg

Nice little gun to complement the ruger blackhawk. Like they say the mags seem to be the most problems for it. Would have liked to have the m2 but was to late to get one.

I remember clearly that the rationale was that it was the Montreal bank robbers’ weapon of choice...

It wasn't just bank robbers in Montreal carrying them . On April 15, 1974, Patty Hearst was recorded on surveillance video wielding an M1 carbine while robbing the Sunset District branch of the Hibernia Bank at 1450 Noriega Street in San Francisco. There were lots of them in circulation , and cheap to buy .

Hey NS, are you guys bumping this 4 year old thread because of a recent arrival and a good deal? How much are they, How many, what types of stocks and average condition etc etc.... So you have any relevent Distro-Info that a typical buyer might find useful?

Thanks in advance.

Back
Top Bottom